Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

This also means filed flight plans.

What is the advantage to ATC of a flight plan?

They still need to issue a formal clearance into CAS, and they still don’t know when you will arrive.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This also means filed flight plans.

So the days of aimless bimbling are over then.

Egnm, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Not at all. France also has several controlled aerodromes in class Golf. Think Colmar, Lognes, St: Cyr, Biscarosse…

Aha! You learn something new every day.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

gallois wrote:

Are you saying that an AFIS is offering a control service, as I understand it there is no control service on classG only an on request information service

No, it is a proper “TWR”. Control service is provided in class G for aerodrome traffic of controlled airports. It’s weird, but that’s what the rules say.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

LeSving, From the way you are talking it appears that the controlling agency for that airspace is the same as that providing flight information services for the surrounding area and that they WANT to talk to you if you are nearby. I am lucky enough to have the same thing where I live – we have class C at 2000ft above our small grass aerodrome. It works because it is “joined up”. I talk to the FIS (who I can often hear talking to the inbound commercial traffic), tell them my route and that I intend to climb to 2000ft and there isnt a problem because Im “known Traffic” already talking to the controlling agency.

Conversely one trip to the UK will make you understand just how fragmented the UK “system” is. You can be talking to an OCAS service provider and still easily infringe the airspace near you and cause “an incident” because nothing is joined up.The “London Information” marked on the map, which you would think is the agency to talk to if flying around and underneath London Controlled airspace, isnt who you should be talking to for a service at all – they dont even have radar!! And the real service providers are not marked on the map with any kind of FIS boundary and more than half of them arent open on the weekend when arguably more GA is flying. Now try flying from say, Duxford to Elstree talking to London Information or Farnborough LARs and telling them you are climbing to 2500ft…(the base of the class D there is 2500ft)…Well done, you just infringed. It would be interesting to know if you could talk to Luton or Stansted and that they would be OK with you at 2500ft though.

Regards, SD

I dont understand why on the other place every discussion about infringements has been closed. Not only have they been closed but they have been closed on a number of occasions. Inevitably there are the usual culprits who cause offence, but, on the whole it is no worse than many of the other discussions. There does seem to have been a hard core, who, for some reason, appear to use all the usual tactics to suppress discussion which seems very odd to me.

Airborne_Again wrote:

No, it is a proper “TWR”. Control service is provided in class G for aerodrome traffic of controlled airports. It’s weird, but that’s what the rules say.

I thought you had to avoid British ATZs 24/7 whether controlled or not, unless you were speaking to someone within one. Many may have radio rather than a FISO.

I dont understand why on the other place every discussion about infringements has been closed. Not only have they been closed but they have been closed on a number of occasions. Inevitably there are the usual culprits who cause offence, but, on the whole it is no worse than many of the other discussions. There does seem to have been a hard core, who, for some reason, appear to use all the usual tactics to suppress discussion which seems very odd to me.

There is a strong “establishment” presence and culture on that forum.

A cynic might take the view that the management like to be seen to remain on the right side of that culture.

Egnm, United Kingdom

I think the main problem is that groups of people who have risen through the ranks of certain military or quasi-military organisations over years, follow each other, and you get cliques developing on forums, with multiple people so tight that you could not get a fag paper between them

And anyone challenging the approved wisdom gets beaten up.

We have avoided that issue on EuroGA because of the way people have arrived here. They have come from all over the place, and it started with c. 3000 being personally invited by email, in 2012, with the emails coming from c. 10 years of my email correspondence, and with all known troublemakers and generally rude and useless forum posters having been removed from the list. Obviously some of these arrived later but once you start the right way it is a lot easier to carry on.

But more basically the situation which exists on most other forums is supported by the fact that carrying advertising forces a significant de-moderation. Kicking and biting threads generate much more advert click revenue. I would really hate seeing adverts here on EuroGA. It would create loads of mod challenges. Long may it last…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

kwlf wrote:

I thought you had to avoid British ATZs 24/7 whether controlled or not

No, only during their notified hours.

Andreas IOM
Sign in to add your message