Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SET Commercial ops

1000:1, really? were there any application requirements other than knowing how to read / write?

172driver wrote:

Here you go: http://www.surfair.com/eu/

The European site shows a big picture of a blue Learjet (N-reg!) with a caption below saying it is a “PC12 NG” and giving the specs as: 3650km range 839km/h high speed cruise and 13,716m operating altitude. I desperately want to fly one of these PC-12s!

EDDS - Stuttgart

Noe wrote:

1000:1, really? were there any application requirements other than knowing how to read / write?

Yes. I remember looking at the application, it required 3 “A” levels to C grade or above, or alternatively a university degree (in anything), as a minimum to apply. Then for those who were selected from the initial application, it required a simulator aptitude test, you were expected to pass a mathematics and physics written exam (approximately GCSE level maths/physics – so you’d need to be able to do things like trigonometry, algebra such as finding the roots of quadratic equations, basic physics F=ma kind of stuff) to get to the initial interview stage. They were taking potential candidates up to a maximum age of 51.

It was ab-initio – in fact, if you had more than a PPL and IMC rating they weren’t interested in you (another friend who already had multi/instrument ratings going the modular route was told that he had too much pilot experience to apply). My friend who was successful had a PPL and IMC (and was my co-owner in the Auster).

Last Edited by alioth at 20 Dec 12:32
Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

(another friend who already had multi/instrument ratings going the modular route was told that he had too much pilot experience to apply)

Looks like you couldn’t have been far in ATPL, otherwise fine? I had a friend who was considering applying but then moved with work to hong kong.

If you have completed, or are planning to complete, any JAR-FCL Airline Transport Pilot ground school examinations (or EASA equivalents) then you should note that in order to be accepted onto the Future Pilot Programme you must NOT have already sat any of these exams at the point of commencing training under this programme.

One eleven. That’s UpTo date when I did it we used the VC10 and that was in 1991

From Flying Mag

Wonder what that does to the economics of small, regional airports. Should in theory help keeping them viable and open.

Reading back up this thread are some interesting reactions from people who think this will make bizjet pilot pay and working conditions even worse than they are now. I guess there is a loser for every winner – as is usually the case in life.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Corporate captain pay and rations seems quite dispersed. Some PC12/King Air jobs are $125k plus, while some Citation roles are quite basic. Long haul Global, 7x, Gulfstream all pay very well.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
48 Posts
Sign in to add your message