Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Piper Malibu PA46 N757NY down in Goose Bay

Flightaware track is in the public domain. I think the “crash” point is correct

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That will be when radar cover is lost. They were apparently 75km south east of Makkovic. Image shows direct track between CYYR and BGBW. Suspect it was the mountains just by the coast.

EGTK Oxford

@Ibra wrote

I don’t think this explanation is the cause (looks complicated to me, sorry Timothy) but it is not the first time a pilot failed to raise/lower his gear or flaps

I don’t know what the implication is, but we went into Malaga on a full emergency with one green and the engines feathered. This was not forgetfulness.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

I don’t know what the implication is, but we went into Malaga on a full emergency with one green and the engines feathered.

So you still flew to destination with gear stuck? or diverted? or landed back?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

We diverted to a major airport, did a fly-past, they said that the gear appeared to be down and we landed there with the engines feathered (in case of gear collapse).

I then inspected from the outside and was able to get three greens by pushing the down-locks in place. Sent photos to engineers, who granted a permit for a gear down ferry back to them, where it now sits.

Why the interrogation?

Last Edited by Timothy at 11 May 06:38
EGKB Biggin Hill

Has anyone looked at what the Skydemon terrain depiction looks like in the area of the crash?

Administrator

It is a 2015 airframe, it would have G1000 with TAWS.

EGTK Oxford

In that case, how is a CFIT like this possible, if you have TAWS and it is working?

Administrator

TAWS will drop-out if you don’t have WAAS/SBAS.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Is that likely? Actually more than likely in Greenland…?

What if some database is no longer current?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message