Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Climate change

Survivors will survive

The eugenic view of Hunger Games.

I guess you have to question what you mean by “civilisation” if that is your view.

There are plenty of YouTube videos made by the people who think that they will be the survivors.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

I guess you have to question what you mean by “civilisation” if that is your view.

Well, would you like it, if the western civilization hadn’t changed a bit in the last 200 years? I’m sure lots of people back then would have loved that. That is what this is all about. I guess we could all go “muslim” and be stuck in the medieval times as well, for all eternity. It’s not for us to decide how future generations organize their lives, or solve their challenges. The best we can hope for is that those who hold freedom and humanism in high regard will survive, and not some terror regime will take over.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Andrew Neil discussing science with Extinction rebellion

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
It’s probably also worth reading what one of the extinction rebellion founders thinks.

Extinction rebellion isn’t about the climate

“And I’m here to say that XR isn’t about the climate. You see, the climate’s breakdown is a symptom of a toxic system of that has infected the ways we relate to each other as humans and to all life. This was exacerbated when European ‘civilisation’ was spread around the globe through cruelty and violence (especially) over the last 600 years of colonialism, although the roots of the infections go much further back.”

Peter has hit the nail on the head. Nuts.

A citizen’s council just released their propositions for reduced CO2. These are not laws but are intended to bceome laws. What concerns aviation is :
- no more internal CAT in france
- no new airport building and no further airport extension
- raising the taxes on Avgas of 23 cents/liter.

It is a sad day for GA here.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

- no more internal CAT in france

Classic.
No worries, will just go via Amsterdam to the rest of the world on KLM instead of Paris with AF….How to kick an industry when its down french style…

Perhaps the French government should study this graph, given the vast reduction in man made CO2 and in air travel already in 2020.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 23 Jun 23:50

Perhaps they might start studying a map of the world – to figure out that Mauna Loa is a quite remote location and it obviously takes more than 2 months that a reduction in carbon emission in the industrial heavy emission centers of the world reaches that remote spot.

Or what else should they learn from the graph?

Germany

Luckily for us, there’s a link around 4cm above the graph on the NOAA page which fully explains why the graph is shown as it is. I expect Silvaire missed it.

which illustrates that to tackle our global heating emergency aggressive investments need to be made in alternative energy sources.

Sign in to add your message