Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

1 hour Review Flight & Expiry Date

172driver wrote:

Apparently, to maintain the original expiry date, the reval flight has to happen within three months of said date. Doing it sooner means that the 24-months period now starts at the date of the reval flight. The FI was talking to is also an examiner so I’m pretty sure he knows his stuff.

That is only true for proficiency checks attempted in lieu of a revalidation by experience. Point (b) of FCL.740.A is quite clear.

London, United Kingdom

172driver wrote:

I’ve just had that same discussion a few days ago and there may (may!!) be a difference between the UK and the rest of Europe.

Definitely not for Germany where the training flight can take place anytime during the 12 months. In fact, it should be noted that there is no requirement to do these in sequence either: I recently did the training flight at the very beginning of the 12-month period before I had fulfilled the other criteria (e.g. 12 hours of flight time during the 12-month period prior to expiry). The FI then revalidated the class rating after I demonstrated by logbook entry that I had fulfilled the remaining criteria (flight time, PIC time and number of takeoffs and landings).

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

@wbardorf and @Qalupalik, thanks, interesting. The examiner (who knew I had way more than the required hours) and also a bizjet pilot friend were sure it had to be during the last three months to retain the original expiry date. Perhaps Austria has filed a difference? I’ll try to figure it out.

172driver wrote:

Perhaps Austria has filed a difference? I’ll try to figure it out.

@172driver
Were you able to clear it up?

always learning
LO__, Austria
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message