Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New agreement EASA and Georgia (GCAA)

At the beginning of this week, the country of Georgia (not US-state) signed a new working agreement with the EASA with the implementation of EU 2018/1139 regulations. Besides the implementation of same safety standards, are there any further advantages in this case? I’m not a jurist, so it would be great if someone can give some further information about the content of the agreement, or do we even have some Georgian pilots out here?

I flew once in Georgia with a C172 from Natakhtari Airfield near Tbilisi, with a local pilot of course, and was amazed by the beauty from above. I hope to do some more VFR-flying overthere in the near future. The country is slowly but surely developing their General Aviation, especially in the UL-scene. Since the country does have the ambition to become EU-member (in the far future), working together with EASA by implementing same safety standards seems to be a logical next step.

Link to the new agreement: https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/WA%20Georgia.pdf local copy

Last Edited by Frans at 06 Jun 17:18
Switzerland

Interesting document. Pretty vague but it is probably all they can do until Georgia establishes a comprehensive regime for airframe and component certification – or adopts the EASA one wholly, for which there is probably nobody in the whole country who can even lift the weight of the documents, let alone read them

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message