Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Apollo 11

I thought this was a nice positive thread about one of humanity’s greatest achievements (in terms of greater, I have to put sanitation and vaccination).

strip near EGGW

I thought this was a nice positive thread about one of humanity’s greatest achievements (in terms of greater, I have to put sanitation and vaccination).

It was supposed to be but then we’ve been faced today’s reality.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

BeechBaby wrote:

My wife reckons the moon landings are fake.

You do have my sincere sympathy.

BeechBaby wrote:

I have had a couple of moments of late where I honestly think the whole place has gone mad. What has caused this? What has caused politicians to tell so many lies, even when they will be caught flat out? Are people now so stupid?

In short, the accessibility for posters to post their garbage for the whole world to see. This stuff was around before, but it had no platform. Now it does, totally unchecked and unregulated to the point where you can post the biggest lies without any consequences.

People always have been stupid. Think of the Salem Witch trials, the witch hunts in Europe, the dictatorial regimes in Europe in the past which mostly had the consent of their people based on total lies and fabrications, and all the other superstition and their consequences in the past. Was it you that brought up the term sheeple? If so, you have answered your own question.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 29 Jul 09:39
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I think there’s a simple test: if a thing is true, then the amount of information that you can recover about it expands as you dig deeper into it. If it’s invented, then the information dries up below some baseline and you are invited by protagonists to become a ‘believer’, or else.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Hi res images of Apollo landing sites:
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html

EKRK, Denmark

The rejection of moon landing has to do with political views/agendas rather than understanding the technical/scientific challenges behind, there are many expriments (Ligo/Lhc/Iss) that were far more complex than landing on the moon in terms of ressources and technical challenge, but sceptical public don’t care if these are fake or made up as no one is trying to convince them ;)

If you get the guy to accept that that man made it to Earth/Moon orbits then you are lucky…

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Jul 11:51
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I cannot buy that LIGO or LHC were more complex than Apollo, in the context of the technological state of the art in the relevant era.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I cannot buy that LIGO or LHC were more complex than Apollo, in the context of the technological state of the art in the relevant era.

You’re definitely right on this. Analyzing this achievement in context of technology level, Apollo missions are by far the biggest achievement in the history of humankind.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes. A lot could have gone wrong. But they didn’t have modern MCAS systems.

EKRK, Denmark

Those pics of the Apollo landing sites

won’t be believed by any “infidels” because they will just say that since NASA faked the original landings, they will also fake the later images

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message