Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Apollo 11

Lhc vs Apollo is lab scientist vs production engineer debate, I personally fancy the latter !

My point was only few guys went after CERN announcements, more doom stories materials than questioning the acheivements…

The problem is trust in government narrative rather than scientific facts, maybe a story of “NASA hidding a biological disease from the Moon” would convince the sckeptical ones that we actually landed there?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Aveling wrote:

I think there’s a simple test: if a thing is true, then the amount of information that you can recover about it expands as you dig deeper into it. If it’s invented, then the information dries up below some baseline and you are invited by protagonists to become a ‘believer’, or else.

Good one! Ibra wrote:

there are many expriments (Ligo/Lhc/Iss) that were far more complex than landing on the moon in terms of ressources and technical challenge, but sceptical public don’t care if these are fake or made up as no one is trying to convince them ;)

That may well have to do with the fact that these experiments are so far out of the understanding of people that they simply don’t even take knowledge of this. nevertheless, there were people who went bananas over those too, amongst them several who demanded a stop of the experiments at CERN because they were/are absolutely convinced that they will create a black hole there through which the whole universe will disapper…….

Peter wrote:

won’t be believed by any “infidels” because they will just say that since NASA faked the original landings, they will also fake the later images

I used to have contact with a guy who worked on the LM project at Grummann and who got confronted with these nutters more than once. He once told me that he was sure that even if you were to build a new space ship and load a bunch of those guys on it and ship them to the Moon and show them to the original landing sites, they still would not believe that they are there since the 1970ties but claim that someone had gone up there before to prepare them…

You can’t win over idiots. They will pull you down to their niveau and then win with their preserverence.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

You can’t win over idiots

Oh yes you can! Consider: we are all living with the incredibly rich harvest of Apollo knowledge and experience, exploring, revelling in and sometimes reliving one of the most extraordinary events in history while they are stuck in an impoverished grubby little world of self delusion. For me and many, many others, it set the course of our entire lives including in my case the love of flight. Whose winning here?

And BTW, the reason for this delusional contra belief often lies in a fundamental weakness in the individuals concerned, perhaps rooted in a fundamental insecurity driven by their unwillingness to work through the consistent and verifiable body of knowledge that confronts them. The contra belief is just a lazy way out for people who can’t be asked to comprehend the real thing.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

For those who want to see/listen to these historical flights in more detail:

https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/

EKRK, Denmark

@Aveling,

well, most of us know this and will acknowledge this with pleasure. But can I convince a dimwit who sais otherwise? Or who propagates garbage like Chemtrails and what else not? Most of the time it is a waste of time to even engage in a discussion with someone like that. Their convictions that everything is fake or the government is always out to get them are religious beliefs which are beyond their willingness to discuss. Entering discussions with people like that are totally pointless. They “KNOW” and will not change their opinion even if you take them there.

There is no question that the fruit of this enterprise has changed the whole planet yet so have many others which nowadays are denied or belittled by these pathetic know all sensationalists who will not shy away from doing real damage just to get their spite out. Me, I’ve learnt the hard way that if someone like that tries to pull me into discussions, I walk away.

the trouble is that the same kind of people will subscribe to just about any demagogue who manages to tickle their miserable lack of self esteem and they will gladly ruin whole countries just to “show the g’mint bastards”. Sounds familiar?

Apart, why do you think the space program is as good as dead in comparison to what it used to be?

Mooney_Driver wrote:

the government is always out to get them are religious beliefs

So governments are always good and 100% honest?

EKRK, Denmark

Michael_J wrote:

Hardly and their actions need to be subjected to scrutiny, no question. But that is one thing. And they are not helping by consitently ignoring people’s concerns and worries in the quest for a self defined greater good.

Suggesting that they are out to poison you with chemtrails or fake a whole space program amongst other such stuff is hardly serious scrutiny but paranoia.

Michael_J wrote:

I’m pretty sure there is a third position between that and “the government is always out to get you”.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 29 Jul 18:55
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Apollo 11. Marvellous film. No voiceovers, talking heads or modern perspectives, just an hour and a half of awesome footage with the original voice and sound recordings. Some slightly intrusive music but not ruinous. Great job by the filmmakers.

strip near EGGW
Sign in to add your message