Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Propman wrote:

Do you know what Magenta with Blue dashes mean?

Route to alternate airport?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I am digging up this thread because we had around 10 waypoints from our IFR flight planes in Scandinavia missing in the GNS430 box, which had a current database. Unfortunately, I didn’t note them all, but one that I remember (IIRC) is SOLSI in southern Norway.

Of two others, I took photos:

TRU is in the missed approach procedure for the ILS 14 at ESPA Luleå. The Garmin box contained another NDB (OL) instead, which lies on the final approach course for ILS 14. Is this normal, do you just have to deal with it?

Rwy20 wrote:

TRU is in the missed approach procedure for the ILS 14 at ESPA Luleå. The Garmin box contained another NDB (OL) instead, which lies on the final approach course for ILS 14. Is this normal, do you just have to deal with it?

The Garmin database is correct. NDB TRU is decommissioned and the MAP goes to OL. What plates are you using?

Airborne_Again wrote:

The Garmin database is correct. NDB TRU is decommissioned and the MAP goes to OL. What plates are you using?

The AIP plate which I got through Autorouter.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 04 Jun 21:20

You also need to check AIP SUP. In this case no. 25/2016. Jepp plates incorporate that AIP SUP so they show MAP to OL.

I was a bit surprised that there is no NOTAM referring to the AIP SUP, but after checking ICAO Annex 15 it seems that there is only an obligation to publish a NOTAM for two weeks after the date the AIP SUP comes into force.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 05 Jun 08:02

Does anybody use additional addressing on Autorouter?

Probably me being naturally dim..! I can’t seem to see where I can input this.

Flying back from Guernesy to Lee on Solent because of Shoreham being used for a concert this weekend, they request additional addressing to Southampton. Any help appreciated.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Many thanks!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Can I force autorouter to make a Y flight?

I am trying to plan a Y flight from LSZH to LSZL, however autorouter does not give me any options except a pure VFR flight. Is there a way to force it? I tried choosing the SID but that doesn’t help.

On the return flight I get a Z flight without a problem.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Just select “VFR arrival”
I do that all the time!

Sign in to add your message