Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

For fuel planning purpose, would not one use the longest of the possible (or at least likely) SID or STAR instead of guessing the weather?

ESMH

Autorouter problem NVFR EDDG – EHLE

I want to fly NVFR EDDG – RKN then IFR to EHLE.

Autorouter suggests EDDG N0129VFR RKN/N0129F030 IFR DCT DEVUT VFR EHLE which is fine except it would be an IFR arrival at EHLE. Can anybody suggest how I fix this?

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 24 Oct 11:21
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Hi Peter,

Have you set the time correctly? If I search for routes EDDG-EHLE, all results are with an IFR arrival.
You can also file the VFR route you found. It does not matter. You will be handed over to Schiphol approach for the full procedure NDB at Lelystad.

Yes indeed – time set correctly – just hope the weather is flyable Friday.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Autorouter – problem with IFR airport alternates – France

Hello there

First of all, I want to thank the staff of Euroga for this beautiful tool which is Autorouter.
I really love the autorouting function, removes the PITA of finding an acceptable routing in some parts or Europe.

However, when using the “suggest alternates” function, I see the “Only with IFR Operations” tool works great in most of European countries, but in France, ALL the airports, without exception are given as “IFR”, even 600m grass strips like Condom LFID or Lascalveries LFJV (a paradropping center) who have, obviously, no IFR procedures at all.

Just curious of the reason of this. Maybe a lack of DB for France ?

Anyway, thank you for your work ;)

Jeff

LFBZ, France

You should probably open a ticket from the Autorouter. Look at the Support tab (top right corner).

LFPT, LFPN

That seems to be a bug, and is probably due to the fact that for flight planning purposes, all airfields in France are considered to be “IFR” in as far as they allow India flightplans. However, you rightly point out that when you are looking for alternates, you would be looking only for airports with published IFR procedures.

A hint towards @achimha should probably solve this.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

thank you both for your help. I will send a ticket, just to let them know in case.

LFBZ, France

I don’t think this is a bug. Autorouter gets the info from the Eurocontrol database which has information on what airports are permitted for IFR operations and that info is comes from each country.

Sweden declares every airport permitted for IFR. Personally I think that’s great as I can file IFR to or from my uncontrolled grass field which part-NCO permits me to do. Of course to make an approach in that case you must have visual conditions below the MSA but in principle that’s not different from any minima — only higher.

From @jeff64’s description it sounds like France is doing it the same way.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes, they do. But again, for IFR alternats one would usually be looking for airports with published IFR procedures, no?

So maybe not a “bug”, but to me, at least it doesn’t make much sense to suggest any airfield as an alternate.

BTW…

I can file IFR to or from my uncontrolled grass field which part-NCO permits me to do. Of course to make an approach in that case you must have visual conditions below the MSA.

You mean legally speaking? Where do you take that from?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Dec 15:20
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message