Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Has anyone tried using the PC (browser) interface to delay a flight plan. It used to not work, though it worked via the telegram interface (the /eobt command).

I don’t want to test it because sometimes it did actually do the delay, but reported on the browser interface that it failed – above.

I found the following detail posted by Achim elsewhere:

In the autorouter web interface, you can select the day and time of Delay. By telegram go maximum 24h.
For telegram, EOBT / DELAY takes the day without asking the date on which the given time is the closest to the current time. So if you make EOBT 0700 and it’s 0600Z, the plan will be delayed by one hour. If you do EOBT 0500Z and it is 0600Z, it will be moved to the next day. If the plan is at 0700Z, it is 0600Z and you are doing 0630Z, it will be advanced to 30min after the current time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The result is that no commercial entity will consider licensing the product.

Not true, it’s licensed to Garmin. It’s part of the Garmin pilot app routing tool.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Of course, but that was done some time ago

Has anyone recently tried using the PC (browser) interface to delay a flight plan?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Has anyone recently tried using the PC (browser) interface to delay a flight plan?

Not recently but maybe last year on the web browser of my mobile phone, which worked.

Got this a couple of times on the current trip

but I had saved a previously done route and filed it with EuroFPL. Fortunately it was still valid a few days after the original routing time. I now save all routes, for this reason.

Administrator

Last week I had to go to a small glider site in Sweden and wanted to do it IFR.
Since the glider site had no ICAO identifier I created a support ticket with Autorouter to get a special identifier setup.
Even though it was in the evening it was fixed in less than an hour.
I had 2-3 similar experiences with them and all have been outstanding.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

pmh wrote:

I had 2-3 similar experiences with them and all have been outstanding.

My experience with AR support is quite varied. Sometimes, as you say, it is truly outstanding — they respond and fix within hours. Sometimes it takes weeks and/or reminders to get a first response. Sometimes a ticket is acknowledged but remains open. I have a ticket that has been open for almost two years. I suppose they have to prioritise in some way but it is not obvious to me how it works. Or it is just oversights.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Just noticed that Autorouter now supports VFR-only flights as well.

It also does VFR autorouting optimizing for shortest time, least fuel required or preferred level. I guess it takes weather models into account?

ESME to EDDS VFR gave me this route: ESME N0109F085 VEGUD MOSAT NEDIK UNGEM BERIM SORIT LIDMO ALOSI MAGES DEMAB GIBSA LBU EDDS

ESME, ESMS

I’ve just tried it for tomorrow’s trip to Norwich. I found a manual VFR option and with no drag/drop of the route. You can only type in waypoints manually. Maybe there is another mode? Ideally, VFR route planning needs drag/drop of the route, over a basemap with IFR waypoints (for easy GPS programming).

Administrator

Dimme wrote:

Just noticed that Autorouter now supports VFR-only flights as well.

Did you mean “advanced options” and then VFR-only? Tried, in UK it goes through all areas it should not, including LTMA (Class A).

EGTR
Sign in to add your message