Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Has anyone actually been allowed to fly that departure i.e. DCT to DET and then straight to the north-west?

I would have thought that the initial NW portion would interfere with jet traffic and you would never be allowed to climb into CAS there.

So really a Z departure from Biggin to CPT amounts to the same thing and saves maybe 20-30 mins.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I used to fly into Biggin quite a lot from the NW and our departure (BPK 2 if I remember) in reality was pretty much as shown by achimha. Very occasionally we would get to DET (or nearly) and then vectored to the right to give us more track miles to climb, then over the top of London.

United Kingdom

then over the top of London

Was that in a SEP?

I have never got such an LTMA transit from London Control – even if I was easily high enough for the glide clear rule; say FL140.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was about to say no, as we always flew a twin, but I remember specifically one time in an SEP when delivering a part for repair, and the routing was the same. As it was only the once I cannot say whether it is normal or not.

United Kingdom

As I recall, the BPK departure from Biggin takes you via LAM which gives you an exceptional view of London from the outskirts but does not in fact take you over the centre of the city but roughly follows the M25. Views still bloody good though.

London area

I had quite a few over Hyde park in a SEP and the current SET. c.FL120+

EGTK Oxford

Yesterday I used Autorouter for real. I filed a flight plan from my home field (Nuthampstead=ZZZZ) to EGNV, IFR F080. It worked amazingly well. Generating the route took seconds,validation took seconds. A manual adjustment to one waypoint took seconds. Filing took seconds. I had an email back to me to confirm the filing and a pdf briefing pack. It makes AFPEX a bureaucratic minefield in comparison. It takes longer to log in to AFPEX than to complete the whole process in Autorouter. It is also much easier to use than EuroFPL. It is a fantastic piece of work and Achima must be congratulated. I would urge pilots who have not used it to switch at once.

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

Thanks propman! However, the core logic is from Thomas/tomjnx and he actually started the whole thing. Peter and David have contributed a lot as well.

One more thing – besides all other useful stuff and superb briefing doc, now it features airport plates downloaded from Eurocontrol.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

BAGED waypoint in autorouter but not in Jepp ?

Hey everyone,

just used autorouter to route to EDNY and back from ELLX and it generated the following route :

N0146F080 ALAGO5W ALAGO Z5 LOKTA DCT EMKIL/N0151F120 DCT BAGED DCT LUPEN R11 STR R7 GTQ N852 AKELU AKELU2M

when I tried to put that in Jepp FD, it complained about the WP BAGED not existing.

Anyone more experienced at this than me who could give some insights ? JeppFD not being up-to-date or what ?

thanks for the help

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg
Sign in to add your message