Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

autorouter question: why can’t we login on autorouter.eu?

A question to @achimha / @tomjnx or maybe others who know the reason:

I registered for autorouter via euroga.org. Now I cannot login on http://autorouter.eu, I have to go to http://router.euroga.org. Why is that restriction in place?

My problem is that when I am on the airfield and have to work over my phone, I always forget the address http://router.euroga.org but I remember http://autorouter.eu, so I have to search for the address – several more steps, more than actually planing a flight on autorouter. With mobile network connection still being pretty slow at some airfields, I would very much like it to be able to directly login.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

They are different logins.

The EuroGA login credentials are what you originally set up on EuroGA.

The Autorouter login (a separate login route which Achim implemented) uses login credentials configured on that site.

They are thus effectively separate websites. One cannot see the login credentials used on the other. There is an authentication process that guarantees two-way anonymity – a bit like you can use a facebook login to log into some unrelated website, and that website cannot see your facebook login+password.

I just use router.euroga.org – I don’t think I ever set up a login for the other login route (no pun intended).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

When you try to logon with your EuroGA-registered email, it should tell you that you have to go to router.euroga.org and should also take you there automatically.

As Peter said, two different credential systems. However, you are not the first to get confused and I believe we should try to make it more seamless. I’ll look into it.

ì would be interested to know the future plans for the autorouter.
I use it very frequently to create routes / check weather / file flightplans / etc.
I still have backup resources for all functionality offered.

Is my assumption correct that autorouter is still in a “beta” phase, and will be a paid service sooner or later?

Is my assumption correct that autorouter is still in a “beta” phase, and will be a paid service sooner or later?

It’s twice wrong

I still have backup resources for all functionality offered.

Contingency is always good.

Last Edited by achimha at 30 Apr 11:49

It’s twice wrong

I would not complain if it remains free but also I would be much more willing to pay for autorouter than for the multiple other solutions that are sometimes almost unusable and have only a paid version. Skybriefing is one of them which is practically forced onto pilots in Switzerland as every airport has a PC with a browser working only with that page.

Last Edited by Vladimir at 30 Apr 11:52
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

in Switzerland as every airport has a PC with a browser working only with that page.

Do you have more details about this?

At my homebase certainly the PC is open.

It might help to have a nice chat with the airport operator. These PC’s and the internet connection are funded by the airport, not by Skyguide. So while the airport operator certainly has an interest that people don’t browse to pr0n sites, they gain nothing by restricting it to Skybriefing; I don’t think Skyguide does kickbacks.

LSZK, Switzerland

I was recently in Grenchen LSZG and tried to open autorouter. I got a message that this page is forbidden. Skybriefing was working OK though. It was the same case in Zurich when Skybriefing was introduced (so maybe already a year or more ago): I couldn’t open anything except skybriefing and homebriefing.ch. I don’t know if they have changed that in Zurich.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

I was in Grenchen on April 5th, so less than a month ago.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

From quite some years ago, I remember the man in the Skyguide jacket, turning up at Wangen-Lachen to refill the laser printer paper My thought was… there must be a lot of very happy taxpayers here The briefing room at Grenchen was much more awesome, but totally deserted, because even back then (2004) everybody flying anywhere for real was using the internet and had their own facility for accessing it while mobile. Today, it must be nearly universal and I am amazed anyone is still using a PC at a briefing room.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message