Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose A20 battery usage

My headset just seems to have gone through two stints of eating batteries straight away, usually it lasts for ages between changes. No change in flying. The only thing I can think of I someone I packed the headset so the button got pressed a couple of times? I use Duracell Ultra Power. Any one else experienced this?

Now retired from forums best wishes

Yes. It’s a known fault apparently. My batteries went from lasting about 40/50 hours of flight to only 2 hours. Same happened to a friend.

We phoned Bose support and they arranged a UPS collection, they fixed it under warranty and sent back a fixed headset. They were both like new as they’d replaced all the foam padding, mic socks, as well as the main noise cancelling unit – we even got a free upgrade to the latest Bluetooth version too.

Give them a call and they should sort you out.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

I’ve come across a number of reports of this issue.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Strange – I sell hundreds per year and have not had this fault reported.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Mine last about 50-60 hours with good reputable batteries (eg. not the cheapest ones from the rack). A lot of times I forget to switch them off before putting them to the case and they do have auto-shutdown feature after a while to preserve battery, so your behavior seems like it needs to be checked out by a Bose service.

Belgrade LYBE, Serbia

I wonder what % of these are aircraft powered? Peter will probably know.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Does your A20 switches by itself after 5min of RT silence?
If you have a USB port or cigarette port USB adapter, you can recharge while in the air, alternatively, you can buy two “Orca 18650 USB Batteries” (40h typically) with USB plugged inside your A20, tough cable setup is a bit flimsy…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Around 5% of my sales are LEMO. I certainly do not recommend rechargeable batteries.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

According to the manual, the headset will turn off after three to nine minutes (!) of inactivity, given you have set the “Auto off”-switch in the Off position.

There is an “Auto on”-function as well for ship-powered headsets.

Last Edited by AndersB at 20 Aug 14:41
ESOW, Sweden

Peter_Mundy wrote:

I certainly do not recommend rechargeable batteries.

Why would that be? I still happily use my old Bode-X headset with rechargeable batteries. Never had a problem.

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message