Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Stylus for SD on iPad 4 Mini?

This is another one I bought at some point, never used, but it works

The tip is a soft/springy metallic soft of material.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The soft end of this works for me :

6in1 Tech-Tool Pen, Ballpoint Pen/Touch Screen Stylus/Flat-Head and Phillips Screwdriver/Ruler/Spirit Level, Multifunction Tool for Mens, Yellow https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07476LLTZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_6avADbX1SMSPJ

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

If at some point you do buy a new iPad, make sure you get at least the 2nd pencil generation. It is much better, as
1) it has a magnet and sticks to the side of the iPad
2) It charges when attached on the side of the iPad (with the said magnet), instead of you having to stick the pencil in the iPad’s charging connector (giving the ridiculous look you saw the other day).

Nope, no screen protector.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Might you be using a screen protector? I have found the glass ones to really degrade the “touch”.

Administrator

I received the stylus from @Peter, but am really disappointed. I have tried it with half a dozen of the best rated note taking apps and they really are not capable of reliable taking of weather and clearances. The shape of characters change after you have written them, they stop working for a couple of seconds, things move around the page – all sorts of frustrations.

The pen that Peter send seems very nice, I like that it has a AAA battery, rather than messing around with recharging, and it sits in the hand nicely, but while the apps are awful (they are just as bad with a finger, it’s nothing to with the pen).

So, I fear that I’ll have to keep using a pad and pen (I really can’t see myself buying a new iPad, I have so many of them, for one reason or another.)

Unless anyone knows an app that does handwriting well on the iPad 4 Mini?

EGKB Biggin Hill

Peter wrote:

Timothy if you want to borrow it, give me an address to send it to.

That’s really kind, thank you; email sent.

Last Edited by Timothy at 24 Aug 22:00
EGKB Biggin Hill

After trying on one, I can confirm the pencil (1st gen but almost certainly 2nd) does not work with the mini 4th gen

I found that pen. It seems to work well although (predictably) I prefer a pencil and paper for fast writing of ATC instructions. For annotation of documents and such it is great, and quite precise. I have nothing similar to compare it with though.

It uses a single AAA battery. You turn it on/off by pressing on the LED on the side.

Timothy if you want to borrow it, give me an address to send it to.

Administrator

Wacom Bamboo Sketch Fine Tip Stylus gets the best reviews, but those aren’t throwaway prices and I’d like to try before I buy, but no-one (in Edinburgh, at least) stocks them.

EGKB Biggin Hill
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message