Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A chance for private pilots to make some money (Thomas Cook goes bust)?

Mooney_Driver wrote:

here is a connection from Graz onto LH2500. Is that an option if they accept your ticket for that?

It is if they do. It’s also an option to drive to Munich and board on LH2500 directly if they allow that.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Call LH, they will be able to help.
Otherwise call your credit card company and refund the money. Then book new tickets.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Got e-mail reply from Adria’s agent in Germany – flight status OK (still nobody wants to claim it canceled). Got same reply from LH but unofficial info is if JP flight is canceled they will either try to do something with rebooking or reissue just LH ticket MUC-MAN if we agree.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

That is what I expected. So far LH appears to secure only FRA once a day.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

They just canceled LJU-MUC for tomorrow morning and nobody picks up the phone outside working hours. Calling LH in Germany.

Last Edited by Emir at 27 Sep 15:54
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

MUC-MAN sorted out but unfortunately I’m driving to Munich. Memmingen is closed until Oct 1st, Augsburg and Ingolstadt require 24 hours PPR and immigration announcement.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Glad to hear you sorted out the MUC-MAN flight.

Augsburg surprises me that they could not accomodate you, they are usually very cooperative and I also did not know that they now require PPR as well, big disappointment. Exactly in such situations, GA can show their usefulnes, but of course that is not in the interest of the powers that are forcing such garbage onto us.

However, all airports around are rather far away from MUC, so I wonder if SZG would have been a possibility, but that flight is pretty early so probably not viable.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

EDML is close to MUC.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I am surprised to read that Augsburg and Ingolstadt have a PPR procedure in place, which is very uncommon for Verkehrslandeplätze (public airfields) during their published normal operating hours and generally practised only for Sonderlandeplätze (specially designated airfields) due to aircraft movement restrictions they need to comply with. Did you mean PPR for immigration rather than for flights in general?

Last Edited by wbardorf at 28 Sep 01:01
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

There is no such PPR thing for EDMA.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message