Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A Customs and Immigration / GENDEC / GAR PNR aggregator site for Belgium

It is also in the Belgium AIP now, under GEN 1.2:

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Just done this GAR again.

A totally weird bit of IT.

They have two checkboxes on the personal details: arrival and departure. But if you check both (which you can) it says it is invalid. So I did the whole thing twice. It appears not possible for the same person to enter Belgium and leave Belgium Anyway it asks at the start which way you are going.

Since this came up in 2019, has nobody flown there ex-schengen and told them? I guess most people can’t be bothered.

EDIT: it is just a bad form for passenger details. You have to do two GARs, one in and one out. The checkboxes in the passenger/pilot details have to match the one you are doing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Belgian website https://www.police.be/bordercontrol/en/general-declaration is totally broken. Has anyone tried it? In Chrome I just see huge fonts – 200pt or so. Same in Edge so it must be broken. If you try the link for Ostende that is itself broken also.

Someone I know is trying to go tomorrow but will have to scrap it.

Is there another way to fly UK to Belgium?

Administrator

I regularly use it without any problem. Is the problem something that recently started to happen or you had problems in the past as well?

Edit: I checked it a minute ago (Safari iPhone) and it works as usual, no problems.

Last Edited by Emir at 13 Aug 22:15
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Works fine in Chromium for me

ELLX

Yes; they fixed it. It seems to have been broken for maybe an hour.

Is there any PN period for that GAR?

It still causes some mobile devices to crash because it has drop down menus that include every ICAO code and every aircraft type in the world.

The most stupid bit of “IT” ever

and all this (megabytes) is presented in lists which take ages to load.

Only just usable on a desktop PC (above is trying to enter EGKA).

One form for arrival, another for departure, have to re-enter all details each time. Completely idiotic. Of course, used “only” by Brits, so no reason to improve it The funny bit is that they don’t collect that stuff; if you want to depart and not done the departure form, you cannot leave the country, but they solve that with a paper form which has just a few items on it.

The other funny thing is that the PDF you get at the end shows both arrival and departure data (one of these is obviously blank) so maybe they intended to support arrival and departure on one GAR but then broke the website. I told the policeman last time I was there about having to do it all twice and he agreed and said that is how it is.

Administrator

It would be interesting to hear from anyone doing this form whether it has been changed to cover for arrival and departure.

Last time I did it, it bombed unless I created the passenger list for each flight i.e. enter everything twice.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Is there any PN period for that GAR?

I asked the Belgian police unit by phone on 16 July 2022, they said no specific PN period, just do it somewhere sometime before takeoff.

ELLX

I got that impression too. In fact you don’t need to file the outbound (return back home) form until just before the flight, but unless the police see it, things get awfully complicated, and eventually they dig out that paper form.

I did finally do it for the guy doing the flight, on my PC. He could not get it to work on an S22 Ultra. Punishment for spending £1200 on a phone that isn’t of the correct fashion brand

Administrator
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message