Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Should we set up a Spotters of Spotters website?

I used to browse a large spotter website for EDDV when it was my main base, but was always “disappointed”: they never seemed to photograph small airplanes, or only very rarely. They have daily updates on CAT aircraft and are quite knowledgeable about them, judging by their forum posts.

As far as taking photos of you where you are recognizable: Like frans said, German law protects you very well: YOU have the right to a picture of yourself, so the “it’s my copyright” argument would be instantly dismissed in any legal conflict. The only exception is when you are just part of the scenery on a picture, creating a grey area.

Last Edited by MedEwok at 02 Nov 12:35
Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Frans wrote:

Personally, I don’t have any problems with plane spotters. I think every single person with interests in aviation, is good for us. It would only annoy me if I couldn’t use a picture of myself due to “copyrights”.

On the one hand, you are right. On the other hand, having it publicly documented where the pilot/passenger was, when and with whom, is a major privacy breach which, in my opinion, cannot be tolerated.

Last Edited by lionel at 08 Nov 11:00
ELLX
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message