Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airport rumours

I recently heard a story on this topic which I can’t really post, but it made me realise that spreading rumours (usually malicious ones) might be the world’s second oldest profession

Many years ago I took the plane in for a 50hr service. During this, the company didn’t push in the ALT CB while doing engine runs so ended up with a flat battery. Then I walked to the airport cafe to get some food and told somebody about this over lunch. Having both finished the food, and while I walked back to the plane, say 2 minutes, this guy found the time to phone the boss of the company and briefed him on the conversation. I avoided a lot of hassle, but only with luck…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What a completely weird behaviour! Maybe the guy was the boss’s best friend? Or had the mindset of a Stasi informer…or both

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

I don’t think it is unique to aviation, FWIW…

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Maybe the guy was the boss’s best friend? Or had the mindset of a Stasi informer

Maybe, or he wanted to feel important, or wanted to ingratiate himself to the guy.

As stated, it happens everywhere but it seems to happen around aviation more than elsewhere I wonder if too many people have too much time?

Administrator

Having too much time seems something very few EuroGA posters can relate to. But then again I do think (hope) none of us here would behave the same way. There are certainly some weird people on airfields who seem to always hang around there…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Usually, IME, airport rumours are on the topic of which instructor had it off with which student / school receptionist A lot of the time the rumours are accurate; I had three instructors who were doing that. Two of them got students pregnant and the third had to disappear from the industry after a big scandal.

Administrator
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message