Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Received a bill from Eurocontrol, in an envelope from a hospital in Belgium????

First, I’m just totally confused as to why it would be in this envelope. Any ideas?

Second, I didn’t think Eurocontrol charged for planes under a certain MTOW. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if the Netherlands managed to find a way around this. The charges appear to be for some practice approaches I did over at EHGG. It’s 13 pages, almost completely indecipherable. At no point does it say what the charges are actually for. On one page it says €12,24 and on another it shows two charges of that amount totaling €24,48.

I’ll try to contact them tomorrow (No phone number of course). Just posting here more for a fun discussion.

EHLE, Netherlands

Nickmatic wrote:

Second, I didn’t think Eurocontrol charged for planes under a certain MTOW.

They don’t. The bill is for terminal charges, not Eurocontrol enroute charges. Some airports/ANSPs use Eurocontrol for billing.

AFAIU you did one approach to Groningen and one to Lelystad on September 10 and November 11

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The logo of the hospital company may be a kind of ad run on the envelope. Though I find that strange as well.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Maybe check the IBAN first. Scammers might well know what approaches you did by looking at FR24

I think they use an external billing company that mixed up the envelopes.

EBKT

As Airborne Again says … the bill is for Terminal charges.
My Eurocontrol invoice comes in the same envelope.
Its easier to give them your CC details and they will debit your card every month.

IFR route charges don’t exist below 2000kg, although Eurocontrol often get this wrong.

There are airport charges, at various German and possibly other airports, and everybody pays those.

There are frauds.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

AFAIU you did one approach to Groningen and one to Lelystad on September 10 and November 11

That’s what it looked like to me, too, but I did not fly on those dates. The second image showing activity on Oct 14 lines up with my flight to EHGG though.

Regarding this being terminal charges, that makes sense. Duh. Never had that in the past but I am new to the Netherlands.

I found the “emergency number” and gave them a call. Apparently there was a terminal charge in August for the same flight but I never got that bill. So one of the pages (the top image capture) is showing the dates of the two bills and amounts owed.

But I’m still chuckling about the hospital envelope… The guy in Brussels confirmed and apologized about 1000 people were impacted :)

Mystery solved!

EHLE, Netherlands

Yes, I got an email from Eurocontrol about the wrong envelope:

You may have received, or will shortly receive, our latest invoice which was erroneously inserted in a wrong envelope bearing the logo of “Cliniques de l’Europe – Europa Ziekenhuis” (see example below) by our subcontractor.

Although the envelope is unfortunately incorrect, we confirm that the enclosed documents are genuine CRCO invoices and comply with our billing policy. In the coming days, you will also receive a letter sent to your postal address reiterating the content of this message.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and remain, of course, at your disposal if you have any questions regarding your invoices.

ELLX

Nickmatic wrote:

The guy in Brussels confirmed and apologized about 1000 people were impacted

Yeah, I got one too, but I just thought, like MedEwok, that it was advertising and thought no more about it.

I have an online account with EC, and I thought that that would stop all the ridiculously expensive mailing of masses of pages of high quality, thick and heavy paper, but not a bit of it, I still get them just as before.

EGKB Biggin Hill
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message