Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dummies’ guide to EU legislation, and why a GM and an AMC?

Today, quite by chance, I stumbled on this handy little flow chart of EU regulations affecting aerodromes and ATM/ANS. Hats off to Eurocontrol for simplifying what might otherwise seem a somewhat complex network of treaties, legislative acts, rules and guidance material.

Enjoy!

Last Edited by Jacko at 25 Nov 20:37
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Thanks, if that graph wasn’t useful, I would say “get a life” (means go back-country flying )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Local Copy

Gosh what a discovery!

I now need to again look for a youtube video of “Lord give me strength”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sorry @Jacko, that is the simplified version……??

EGTK Oxford

Here is a newer version (February 2019). I also vaguely remember seeing this document somewhere on Eurocontrol’s web site, probably Network Operation Portal, but can’t find it there now.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I also have a newer version on the wall, updated 10/10/2019, but not sure how I got it. Will check.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

Here is the link to the current version as updated this Wednesday (27/11/2019).
I am not sure how to click your way to it without having the full link.
Click on any regulation or EASA Decision and that will take you straight to the relevant updated documents. Quite valuable.

Local copy

huv
EKRK, Denmark

It looks even more impressive when sized to 925 pixel width

Well, the “famous” Mr Seebohm said in some EU conference video (can’t find it anymore) that (paraphrasing) there are areas in the EU where there is no regulation, and this is not acceptable; we have to create some

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

huv wrote:

Click on any regulation or EASA Decision and that will take you straight to the relevant updated documents. Quite valuable.

Yes, indeed! Too bad the link seems to depend on the particular version of the document so it will be difficult to find the most recent one.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 29 Nov 19:29
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Updated versions should be available on the Eurocontrol Training Zone site (link). Navigate to Catalogues > All Catalogues then pick “web-based training” in the left margin under the header content types. Alternatively request updates from the author Jean-Francois Piriou whose email address is at the bottom of the last graphic in post 8.

London, United Kingdom
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message