Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Songs about Flying

Quatrelle, thank you also. That made me laugh even if it was a bit unfair to ATCOs!

strip near EGGW

One of my favourites…

Rumour has it that it was this movie which got Carlo Pedrosoli (Bud Spencer)interested in flying. He did his license at some stage including helicopters and jets. Very nice guy indeed. He is sorely missed.

In case someone is interested here is the whole movie.

In German

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 07 Dec 15:00
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Good idea for a thread. I have only this for now, but will look into it :

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 07 Dec 16:22
LFOU, France

This is my favourite flying song

I had a summer job between college and university and worked in a high voltage power supply manufacturer (Wallis Electronics). During that summer I worked in a potting shop where we were encapsulating high voltage assemblies in silicone, or epoxy, and we were having a great time mixing up buckets of the stuff and evacuating them in a vacuum chamber to get the air bubbles out, before pouring the stuff into the moulds, and this was at or near the top of the charts and playing on the radio

There are various versions of this video on youtube, some with video content not quite suitable for EuroGA

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This one must appear in this thread, even though it is not a musical monument

LFOU, France

Peter …. FYI the writer of ‘Typical Tropical’ flies an SR22 out of North Weald

Wiki says: Songwriter(s) Jeffrey Calvert, Max West. Two engineers They also performed it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here is my favorite…

EDMA

Everyone in this video looks like that drummer from Nirvana.

Last Edited by Dimme at 08 Dec 13:33
ESME, ESMS

Mike Wagner has a few on Youtube, especially the parodies – Teterboro reminded me of it… Watching the videos is, in a way, entertaining, too…

Last Edited by tmo at 10 Dec 10:04
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland
Sign in to add your message