Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Unexpected outcome medical examination due to new EASA rule. VDL becomes VML without a logical reason

@Peter, my FAA medical is stamped “holder shall wear corrective lenses”. FAA guidance for my case is here. Whatever you want to do with that is legal as long as it involves corrective lenses.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 11 Dec 19:28

My EASA Medical is similarly stamped, with the requirement to carry a spare.
It seems to be assumed these are the ones with which passed the test.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@Maoraigh that is what you supposed to do, but I never think air-police will ever (be abled) check that!

Last Edited by Joep at 12 Dec 20:05
Netherlands

AFAIK there is no regulation stating that the glasses used to pass the medical are used to fly the plane. This has got to be the biggest clue to solving these issues.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I got additional writing by my Medical examiner that glasses are needed, juist that the restriction is applicable (oh, well if that is wat makes them happy). I will show them this email if there is an issue. It is just a strange and typicle piece of useless legislation!

Netherlands

Peter wrote:

AFAIK there is no regulation stating that the glasses used to pass the medical are used to fly the plane.

No, there is not – and such a regulation would be extremely impractical, as e.g. you would typically not take the medical wearing sunglasses…

However, to fulfill the medical restrictions you need to wear glasses that actually correct your visual impairment – therefore while you don’t have to wear the glasses you used while passing the medical, you have to wear some with which you would pass it.

Germany
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message