Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bring my N-reg TR182 to France or not?

Peter wrote:

We have some crib sheets here but I would never fly into an FR-only airfield with one of these because if somebody called me back I would not understand any of it.

Which is why I said:

skydriller wrote:

You WILL need to understand and learn specific french phases for arrival/departure from an airfield in France for the safety of yourself and others

I flew my C182 to Europe. I’ll fly yours over for you if you like!

Kent, UK

I flew my C182 to Europe. I’ll fly yours over for you if you like!

Need a copilot ;) ?

always learning
LO__, Austria

or 2?

LSZK, Switzerland

Snoopy wrote:

Need a copilot ;) ?

I can join as helpful pax (to feed the sharks )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

With 4 on board is it becoming cost sharing ? ;-)
Have a safe trip doing it tomorrow other way with a more powerful bird…

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

With 4 on board just fly the trip westbound (or attach the turtle pack to the roof). :)

always learning
LO__, Austria

chflyer wrote:

or 2?

Or 3 ???

172driver wrote:

Or 3 ???

Or 4? that reminds me of a dutch Arrow I spotted at LFAT carrying 4 captains with uniforms doing some serious training

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Jan 18:23
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thanks guys! Keep it coming! Not sure a 4-person ferry flight is really practical though… and think of the hotel (and beer) bills when we all get stuck in Narsassauq for a month.

Luckily I do speak fluent French, though there are a few aviation terms I’m not sure of. I know “stall” (décrochage) because every time I fly AF I ask the pilot if he knows how to recover them…

My US situation is that now I have a green card (permanent resident) though I didn’t when I bought the plane, and the non-citizen corporate ownership thing has generally worked OK. But I’ll be relinquishing my GC on return, having figured all the tax angles it’s the best thing to do. So if I want to keep an N-reg, it does have to be through a trust.

I really don’t know what kind of flying I’ll do in France. Even here I spend way more time staying current and having fun on local flights than I do actually going somewhere. I’ve read quite a few trip reports in the PPL-IR mag and they look like lots of fun, but the time spent planning them is way more than the number of flight hours. Not sure how many of those I’ll have the energy for.

For the moment my thoughts are to keep 96S on the line at a club here for a while after I return so I can figure things out based on actual knowledge and experience. If that works out of course.

LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message