Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Sorry, contrary to what I was told NM Eurocontrol now publish updated summaries with new links

Updated list is here.

It is best to get the latest summary from the “COVID-19 NOTAM Summary” link at the top of public Eurocontrol NOP at https://www.public.nm.eurocontrol.int/PUBPORTAL/gateway/spec/

Don’t know why the Norway VFR ban isn’t listed there.

Last Edited by wbardorf at 18 Mar 08:04
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

I just booked a C172 for Saturday with my local flight school. Seems like there are no restrictions to do so as of today.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Got to keep flying – for both pilot currency and engine preservation.

Since my cylinder change last year I’ve been following the non Camguard procedure but I put the whole bottle in just before my last flight (Alderney to Shoreham) in case the airport shuts and I can’t even do an engine run. I wonder if the massive demand for toilet rolls will be matched by Camguard?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I understand that the new emergency legislation they’re going to be putting through will give them the power to shut airports amongst other steps. The details of which could be interesting, solo GA still has no real risk in my view.

Off_Field wrote:

, solo GA still has no real risk in my view.

I agree, both as a pilot and as a doctor.
A small risk may remain for renters or or joint owners, as contaminated surfaces in the aircraft might carry the virus. This will not infect you as long as you keep your unwashed hands away from your face, however.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Even Libya has banned aircraft landing from China and Iran.
Not so Germany. here Border controls introduced at German borders are a farce. Migrants without a passport are not affected and may continue to enter Germany, even without a passport, infected or not, does not matter
here. And German airfields close to slow down the spread of the virus https://www.edty.de/ Little joke of history: Africa doesn`t let Europeans in anymore here

[ Links made into live links; this gets around the problem with showing the actual links if they contain certain characters ]

Berlin, Germany

Somewhat relevant to flying restrictions:

Just heard from Germany:

We are not allowed anymore to let people stay in the hotel, except for business travellers.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Don’t know why the Norway VFR ban isn’t listed there.

Maybe because it is not technically a ban. Technically it is restricted area. It’s just that the entire airspace has become restricted. My guess.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

EBST my home base is closed until April 5. A NOTAM published today at 11:24 LT prohibits VFR from today 12:00 LT !
VFR Flights prohibited in Belgium

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Jean wrote:

EBST my home base is closed until April 5. A NOTAM published today at 11:24 LT prohibits VFR from today 12:00 LT !
VFR Flights prohibited in Belgium

What’s their excuse?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message