Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Airborne_Again wrote:

No.

Under rådande situation efter utbrottet av SARS-CoV-2 (Corona) har den Europeiska luftfartsmyndigheten (EASA) kommit ut med information till medlemsländerna gällande undantag

https://transportstyrelsen.se/sv/luftfart/Certifikat-och-utbildning/notifiering-om-undantag/

ESME, ESMS

Graham wrote:

4-5 people per day die on UK roads, but we do not lock down society to try and prevent it.

While I agree with the sentiment as it applies to the risk of VFR traffic, in the face of now a thousand now dying every day, and that death rate increasing by 30% every day, isn’t this now a bit off the mark?

Last Edited by Cobalt at 18 Mar 19:37
Biggin Hill

NON aviation corona virus posts go here please

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The french club federation has advised yesterday all clubs they must shut down all operations.

I heard an aircraft on a FIS frequency today, VFR to LFPN.
Notams say all Lille and Clermont ATC are closed.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 18 Mar 21:28
LFOU, France

This thread is called “airport and flying restrictions”. Who do people continue to post non aviation stuff in it? I am getting fed up with continually moving the stuff to the general thread.

Administrator

Dimme wrote:

Under rådande situation efter utbrottet av SARS-CoV-2 (Corona) har den Europeiska luftfartsmyndigheten (EASA) kommit ut med information till medlemsländerna gällande undantag

Exactly. EASA has informed about the provisions of article 71 of the Basic Regulation. They have not made any new decisions. If you read the decision by the Swedish Transport Agency, you will see that it doesn’t make any reference to authorisations or decisions by EASA — only to article 71.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

There should not be any reason to ground GA for local flights (A to A) all the time it is permitted to drive your car.

They could ban non solo flights. I would not do one now because one is sitting quite close to the other person. And that will ground many people because many can’t fly unless they can cost share.

Unless there is a regulation stating that only travel to work (for example) is permitted. Then we are stuffed. However that also means that airport staff can come to work, so the airport should remain open.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

They could ban non solo flights.

I live in a household with my wife and sleep in a bed with her. Then I can fly with her too.
However, I would not fly with strangers.

Berlin, Germany

Talk on the news today about “airports” closing but it isn’t clear if this means the big ones, or all.

Administrator

The french federation declared in the same email to all clubs that they started discussing with the CAA how ratings, medicals and ARCs could be extended.
Extending the ARC could be a bad idea, with engines sitting still for weeks. Someone should send a procedure to every club with ground run or preservation procedures.

Reading between the lines of the official reports, lock down could last between one and 2 month.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message