Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

The FAA has granted an exemption for medicals needed in Part 135 operations abroad.

local copy

Italy has issued extenstion for GA licences for 4 months. Mine was expiring on 8/4, hadn’t managed to do my biennial flight so had to phone an examiner for verbal briefing and he then certified my exstension until August.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

New Dutch NOTAM just published

COVID-19: FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH PHYSICAL DISTANCING MEASURES COVID-19 BY LOCAL
AUTHORITIES BASED ON DIRECTIVES MINISTRIES OF HEALTH AND JUSTICE,
GENERAL AVIATION FLIGHTS INCLUDING AERIAL WORK WITH POB, OTHER THAN
HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS, DISTANCE LESS THAN 1,5M ARE PROHIBITED.
POLICE, HEMS AND SAR FLIGHTS ARE EXEMPTED.
A0677/20

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

That Dutch NOTAM is ambiguous, regarding GA.

So flights with POB who are household members are permitted?

1.5M – is that space between seats or length of flight?

Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

Looks very pragmatic to me. 1,5 meters between seats. So much better than GA ban.

LFOU, France

The Dutch notam above clearly permits GA flight subject to distancing.

The UK version, further back, says the same implicitly, while leaving the door open to the pilot getting publicly (and IMHO sickeningly sanctimoniously) shamed on UK social media for having made a “non essential” journey, especially the journey to the airport.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

while leaving the door open to the pilot getting publicly (and IMHO sickeningly sanctimoniously) shamed on UK social media for having made a “non essential” journey, especially the journey to the airport.

This and another GA forum is pretty much the only Social media I partake in. Yes, Ive read some pilots state that they wouldnt go flying and that others should not either, but has there been shaming of individual pilots on social media? I cant say I have.

I take the view that anyone flying must have a reason, even if the reason is that it a month since the last flight and the aeroplane is being flown to prevent engine damage.

Regards, SD..

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?appid=11&mode=detail&id=9551

The UK medical declaration exemption just extended until end November 2020 for EASA aircraft. This is a very clever and pragmatic piece of work by the CAA, well done the GA unit.

This will also allow Class 2 holder struggling to get a medical in this summer a way to continue operating although they should make a declaration before 8 April.

Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

I can fly

- with some restrictive measures.

First, the usual Corona measures (for Norway) are valid. 2 m distance etc. In practice this means only people from the same household can fly in one aircraft. For clubs it additionally means the aircraft has to be cleaned etc. LT has made a guide how to clean the aircraft from virus.

Second, the VFR restrictions by LT and ATC are still in place, but are eased. This means PPR for each VFR flight no matter which airspace, 1 hour up front (I think it was), and with no certainty that the flight will be approved.

This means it is still impossible to fly with an instructor, impossible (in practice) to renew the medicals and licenses. New provisional regulations has been made here as well, valid until November 17 for the time being. Don’t know if they are EASA wide, I guess they could be? In principle it means flights with an instructor are replaced with ground briefings, and an AME can extend the medical with a phone call to the AME (no consulration).

Not exactly “business as usual”, but flying is possible again in these corona-times

Last Edited by LeSving at 03 Apr 17:25
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

In practice this means only people from the same household can fly in one aircraft.

That is sensible. This rule helps prevent corrosion and keeps us practiced. In Germany we can fly. But there are many restrictions. Some airfields are closed, some airfields are open as usually, others have PPR regulations. I last flew twelve days ago on PPR basis and I`m planning the next flight with my wife for Easter. Unfortunately I am not allowed to fly over borders. And it needs to be a day trip since all hotels are closed.

Berlin, Germany
Sign in to add your message