Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

An engine assembled, parts covered in a light coating of grease and filled with inhibiting oil will last years rather than months and still look like new internally. I have lots of boroscope images of such.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

it would have to be called ‘Top Undercarriage’ :)

No, that might attract a load of Pitts drivers and similar aeroriff-raff:

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I thought Glider pilots were the ‘cyclists’ of the air? :)

LKTB->EGBJ, United Kingdom

Serious question – what is that set-up? Training wheels for low-level inverted flying, which come off when you have learnt how to do it properly?

Biggin Hill

I think it’s perhaps easier to land a Pitts that way (so the driver can see the runway).

It couldn’t possibly be because some Pittsoleros love to show off doing manoeuvres which sensible pilots like us think are utterly barmy – or could it?

I first saw such an overcarriage(?) arrangement in a book about the Piper Cub, lent to me by a local aficionado. Gosh, now I’m beginning to worry about some of our cub-driving friends as well.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I went for an effort test yesterday as a precursor to my visit to the AME (when he’s doing them again) Really difficult and unpleasant doing it(on a bike) wearing a surgical mask.

France

Absolutely should not be asked to wear a mask during the exercise (bike or treadmill) ECG test. Your ST depression will go through the floor

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi all,

A flying colleague wants to visit Netherlands next week, just a day visit. One can question how wise it is in the current situation, however does any Dutch forumite possibly know if it is even legally possible? I looked at the NOTAMs for EHAA FIR and it mentions the 14-day quarantine for pax arriving into NL as their final destination, but that’s it.

Thanks!

Regarding the licensing issue, Croatian CAA decided to extend the validity of all current ratings and medical licenses, which expire during Covid-19 pandemics – some for 4 months or until November 31st, some until July 31st, depending on type and purpose.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hello Emir,

Does the extension require a briefing by an instructor ? or nothing ? Good news anyways, I hope the same measure will be taken in France

LFPN, LFLI, LFPZ
Sign in to add your message