Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

NOP_2020_Recovery_1_0_20200430_pdf
Has anyone already posted the eurocontrol overview – recovery scenarios Eurocontrol recovery scenarios

Last Edited by ivark at 06 May 15:23
EETU, Estonia

kwlf wrote:

My guess is that there will be lots of demand for bizjets when travel becomes possible again. Many routes will have been cut and people will be unwilling to risk public transport if they can afford to hire their own aircraft.

Or buy their own airline Norwegian (NAS) was as good as bankrupt a couple of days ago, but managed to carve together enough money as well as printing more shares for sale to be applicable for special state “corona” loan. Today I got an e-mail with prospect, and as the good Norwegian I am, I ended up buying a few shares. Next week, when going to Oslo for a meeting, it is in “my own” airline The thought of having to chose only between SAS and SAS, (or Lufthansa or whatever) is not a good one. I hope they survive.

They and SAS, still fly 4-5 departures each day Oslo-Trondheim alone, and about the same to Bergen, Stavanger. The problem is that very few travels. Seems like more and more though.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Just saw this on the CAA website (red box was drawn by me):

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

That’s astonishing! I wonder why.

Well, obviously, it was stupidly worded, asking people to stay in the circuit, or within 10nm, while the obvious intention was to avoid p1ssing off the neighbourhood which was still supposedly locked down.

And with the million of no-life characters watching FR24 and posting details on UK GA chat sites it ensured that everybody got an early lesson on how to pull the transponder CB, which will make an even bigger mockery of the aggressive new CAA infringements policy than it already is.

EDIT: this may be just drone rules or something like that. But the comment in the red box about increased activity is interesting…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

asking people to stay in the circuit

It says “Small Unmanned Aircraft” in that general exemption?

Peter wrote:

But the comment in the red box about increased activity is interesting…

Yes, that was what I wanted to call out. Not the revocation of the drones general exemption but the statement of the anticipated increased General Aviation and other airspace user activity over the coming days and weeks.

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

I need to read more carefully

Still it is interesting to see what’s coming.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There was a temporary exemption issued to allow police to operate drones at higher altitudes and, I think, out of line of sight.
It is this which has been revoked.
However, the CAA seems to be expecting the skies to become busier for whatever reason…..!

Egnm, United Kingdom

They have probably been in the high level talks with the rest of the gubmint about letting us all out of our cages next week.

LKTB->EGBJ, United Kingdom

ORSA1375 is dated 8 April, when the situation was different. I’m not optimistic.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message