Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Thanks Peter. Much appreciated. After the 12% drop in GDP this quarter, if the fool has not lost his job due to cutbacks then I will be phoning him up and telling him what an idiot he is. I won’t reveal more at this time as I have to stay near the “illegal” airfield next week! He’s just the type of person to send up annoying people with yellow jackets to arrest you.

United Kingdom

The Dutch are allowing instruction flights from 11h May. Max 2 POB, A first step to freedom.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Still no official data about what is allowed from May 11. PM said « only outside individual sports will be allowed».

LFOU, France

GA is being allowed here again for the purposes of currency and engine health but without all the laundry list of conditions the UK CAA imposed on their GA. Borders are still closed so it has to be done only within Manx airspace.

But you get idiots like this BBC journalist – I like the BBC but the absurd ignorance of their “journalist” here really annoys me – and our Chief Minister then hands his ass to him in a rather fine manner:

(sorry, it’s a Facebook video, the BBC question is at 31:41 into the video)
https://www.facebook.com/134415609919708/videos/190385131978593

The TL;DW: – paraphrasing – the BBC person asked “Isn’t it borderline offensive that millionaires can go out in their private jets and yachts while people can’t visit their families?”
To which the Chief Minister responded: “You’ve not been paying attention, people CAN visit their families, so long as they observe the 2m social distancing and stay in the garden, and the flying we are allowing is essential for safety (pilot currency and engine health)”

“Private jets and yachts!” – There are hardly ANY private jets actually based in the Isle of Man, most GA here is piston singles/twins owned by the middle classes, not the multi millionaires. Most private boats are modest and not owned by millionaires.

Andreas IOM

No improvement in France – here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

By all leaked and trailed accounts we will no longer need to have a reasonable excuse to leave home as from next week, which will presumably allow a good many people to resume flying even if only solo.

(I thought the response given to the BBC twit was excellent.)

Egnm, United Kingdom

However there is talk of 14 days’ self isolation upon return to the UK from abroad!

I wonder how this will be enforced. Many of us are already de facto self isolating. I have been for about 6 weeks.

Administrator

In PL the self-quarantine (not self-isolation, which I understand as a much less strict thing) is enforced by possible random visits from health services, police, and various branches of the military, as well as a mandatory guardian application that records your position and randomly asks you for a selfie. The fines for non-compliance have been mentioned (~6500 EUR).

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Are you allowed to go outside the house to work in a location where you are alone?

Administrator

When in quarantine, no. No shopping, delivery people have to be notified that quarantine is in effect, etc, etc – an abbreviated explanation – also mentioned in my earlier post

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland
Sign in to add your message