Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Hmmmm….

Welcome to Henstridge Airfield….A friendly general aviation airfield near Wincanton, Somerset.
NO-ONE will fly without my express permission..there will be NO presumption of right…
No-one will land away,it is simply too early for that…
On the ground all social distancing guidance and hygiene advice will be followed to the letter, and if the governments advice isn’t clear, you can rest assured mine will be.

OK, friendly, except when not…
Interestingly, they do not have an ATZ, so if one was of a mischievous nature, there could be fun to be had with this:

To the neighbourhood…If anyone has a problem with the ground use I am at liberty to allow or not allow and the subsequent use of the air above us..Please ring me..If the phone is engaged or I can’t answer text on the number above..I will get back to you..

This does appear be a common attitude. I’ve just made an escape from an airfield because of a similar issue. Paying hangarage to have your aircraft locked down for no good reason is just ridiculous.

The main problem with these little airfield emperors is that they unfortunately tend to have a regional monopoly, so you can’t take your business elsewhere. Otherwise, they would get a quite robust response from their customers they treat with so much contempt.

Biggin Hill

Jacko wrote:

Which of the Scottish regulations prohibits people who live in England from flying (or any other recreational activity) in Scotland?

It’s a serious and topical question, with the Scotch Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice now swanking that they will stop, arrest and gralloch any Englishman trying to sneak under Hadrian’s Wall to choke up our overcrowded landscape.

So which of the alleged offences in the The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 might these horrid plague-infested English interlopers have committed? The short answer is none, because although it is an offence for the residents inmates of Jockistan to leave our hovels without a reasonable excuse (see below), the Regulations apply in relation to Scotland only and the English hordes cannot “leave the place where they are living“ in Scotland if they are not living in Scotland.

What the SCPVPV can do is to ask an Englishman to go home, and as long as he agrees to do so, no offence has been committed.

Incidentally, the list of reasonable excuses explicitly includes “to donate blood”, in which context I would point out that our midge season is just starting here at Glenswinton.

Last Edited by Jacko at 16 May 16:12
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Try behaving according to the law of your place of birth/permanent residence anywhere else and you risk arrest.
EG in US, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Henstridge.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

In Scotland we obey Scots health regulations, not American, Saudi or English regulations. We commit an offence when we leave the place where we are living without a reasonable excuse. But if we don’t live in Scotland we can’t commit that offence in Scotland.

There is no Scottish offence of being away from home without reasonable excuse, although a Constable can direct us to go home if he wishes.

Last Edited by Jacko at 16 May 19:07

Surely as an Englisher you can’t break the law of leaving your home in scotland without reason.

No doubt though once we’ve seen what’s happening with the numbers the Scots may decide to follow England’s lead.

Very few airfields opening up for visitors. Sandown EGHN has this on their site

This is a version posted by the airfield on FB earlier

which a dark threat which is awfully interesting as to the likely “implementation method” No details were forthcoming. Speculation went along the lines of the local council not being happy about visitors to the island, even though the Isle of Wight is in England and should follow the English rules. They have shut off the ferry and are trying to keep the island isolated.

However most mainland airfields are still shut too. I guess the 80% deal is just too good, given the cafes can’t open. They can all do takeaways but that requires some “restructuring” e.g. the removal of all things to sit down on.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

even though the Isle of Wight is in England and should follow the English rules.

They probably have a decent chance of eliminating COVID through aggressive contact tracing. Then they could lift the lockdown locally. As you previously noted that might be politically difficult.

They probably have a decent chance of eliminating COVID

Which prompts me to ask those who like to calculate these things, what number of new infections per 100,000 per week would constitute elimination of the disease?

In this largely forgotten region of Scotland we are down to three new positive Chinese virus tests in the last 13 days. It’s a fair bet that some of those will be care providers or their customers.

Sign in to add your message