Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

travel beyond 20km is prohibited until 20 July

I wonder how our dear “picnic in the park” Taoiseach hopes to enforce that?

On the other side of the North Channel, we still have similar “lockdown” regulations to which nobody pays any mind; we’re all flying, meeting and – except for the hospitality and tourism sectors which have been annihilated – working as usual.

Last Edited by Jacko at 27 May 21:06
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Arriving from Mali Losinj yesterday I got a visit from 2 policewomen. I thought I was going to get a lecture but they came just to check the passport and were totally polite. They apparently expected some sort of big plane, to have come all that way

So it looks like they are now aware that flying for leisure is allowed, without limits.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

But the GAR tells them the type of aeroplane and the number of persons on board?

EGLM & EGTN

Yeah but how many police officers know the difference between a TB20 and a Gulfstream V from the name? Unless they go and look it up, they probably just expect a private jet of some sort.

Andreas IOM

I think they know a Gulfstream V but not sure about TB20, before reading Peter trips I did not know such thing exist

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Does anyone know the underlying statutory instrument with respect to the UK quarantine starting 8 June? Would like to read the SI text.

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Interesting Q. Not heard anything. It seems fairly vague; maybe they are hoping to implement some of the “air bridge” idea before they actually do it.

Re the old Q of whether you can fly to France from the UK, the Foreign Office says here

There is also some form in France for which I obviously don’t have a URL. It is a French authorisation supposedly downloadable from the gouv.fr website. No idea what is in it. Maybe a French pilot can find it?

LFAT remains closed by notam

So… currently there are bugger-all places most of us can fly to. Croatia is open but not exactly down the road

Administrator

Peter wrote:

There is also some form in France for which I obviously don’t have a URL. It is a French authorisation supposedly downloadable from the gouv.fr website. No idea what is in it. Maybe a French pilot can find it?

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Deconfinement-Declaration-de-deplacement

This is for travel outside 100km range, that French restriction will be lifted on June 2nd, the UK will also introduce 14 days quarantine on way back from Jun 8th, also for any pilot flying on a class 2 medical be careful with “eyesight test” or “had the virus” excuses, I would go with “mental wellbeing”

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 May 10:14
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ahh, can freely go to/from Denmark from June 15 Tings are indeed getting better each week.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Greek position is here.

I wonder how this will translate to GA flying. This is quite relevant actually because airline travel is not looking all that safe for anytime in 2020, so I might use the TB20 to do Greece even if it is a hassle + Fraport cost.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message