Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Doh.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

has anyone any ideas how this may affect the issue of going to the UK https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53104733
I need need to be in the UK no later than 21-07-2020 for an inspection on behalf of the UK COMO provider for my G reg airplane they said it will not take more than 1 day!! and for sure I have no interest in that 14 days quarantine!!
Any hints tips would be great thanks

Last Edited by Peter_Paul at 19 Jun 19:37
fly2000

Look at the quarantine exemptions list and contact somebody to check you can be exempted.

However if it takes less than a day you can do it all airside and then you fly back out.

Or you could fly to an airfield where airside camping is allowed, or where they let you sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag, and fly back out the next morning.

Which country would you be flying to/from the UK from/to? France is doing a quarantine for UK arrivals also. Germany is AFAIK mostly closed to UK arrivals.

Administrator
fly2000

Peter wrote:

Germany is AFAIK mostly closed to UK arrivals.

That’s no longer correct as of 16 June. With the exception of arrivals from Spain there are no restrictions on inbound travel from EU, EFTA and EEA states.

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

getting back i think is not a problem, getting to the UK seams to be a hard nut to crack!!

fly2000

Just fly in and fly home when ready. Bring food, drink and sleeping bag, just in case.

Nobody knows the rules, not least because they may not survive judicial review called for by the airlines. And even if the public servants responsible for enforcement knew what to enforce, they are mostly sheltering at home in their pyjamas.

Collectively, the apparatus of the British state, from Public Health England to schoolteachers to the Export Control Organisation, is comatose – right now they couldn’t run a proverbial bath.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Look at the quarantine exemptions list and contact somebody to check you can be exempted.

I would be really interested to learn who you should contact and how.
The UK government website is full of lots of links that go around in circles.
Any aerodrome operator will not give you a straight answer and will point you to the government website for details to protect themselves.

Reading the government website it really does appear that if you are not actually going anywhere when you get to the UK: ie if you are arriving in an aeroplane and leaving the same day: you do fill in the online form and just put your home address abroad as where you can be contacted. You are being truthful and have complied with the legislation as it stands because you do not have a UK destination. Its pretty clear that the quarantine thing is designed to stop people going on holiday and coming back infected or to prevent infected foreigners coming on holiday here. There are loads of exemptions for working people too.

It appears to be up to the individual to decide. If anyone was to check up on you I really cant see how they could force you to stay other than arresting you, and why would they do that as opposed to sending you right back, which is what you would be doing anyway…??

The UK may allow the quarantine to be skipped if you take a virus test when you return.

That is at least logical; Austria has reportedly been doing this for ages.

How this will map onto GA, nobody knows. Pretty obviously they won’t be setting up virus testing stations at GA airports. But getting a test done when you get back home ought to meet the “due diligence” principle which is a defence is a lot of UK legal situations.

I have seen absolutely nothing on the news about anybody having got picked up over quarantine noncompliance so I reckon there is zero enforcement.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message