Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

The CAA is looking at the use of Self-Declaration of Medicals for UK EASA Medical certificate holders at Class 2 and LAPL Medical level…we hope to publish further information shortly.

Interesting… a full UK version of FAA BasicMed, covering private VFR and IFR flights?

France already imposes no medical examination requirement for microlight pilots, How long before the rest of the EU catches up?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Doesn’t the french UL license require a visit to the GP ?
DGAC has extended the medical exemption too.

LFOU, France

Doesn’t the french UL license require a visit to the GP ?

I was not required to do so. But yes, a new pilot needs a Certificat Médical de Non Contre-Indication au pilotage d’ULM.

So in the above post #46 we should insert “recurrent” before “medical examination“

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Peter
13-Jul-20 14:46

Just to make life for UK pilots more interesting, it has been discovered that the UK authorities managed to produce some requirements which have been so well hidden that practically nobody knew about them

Upon arrival in the UK you are supposed to fill in this online Public Health Passenger Locator Form. Yes it is obviously for airlines so just put in some dummy info where appropriate.

Then they want a GENDEC local copy which is to be emailed to [email protected] after landing in the UK. The deadline is not known.

The above is additional to the usual GAR form.

This PDF local copy contains the guidelines.

Fairly obviously nobody in GA is aware of this stuff and the police (who meet up arriving pilots, sometimes) have confirmed that. Like the just-ended quarantine, there appears to be no enforcement.

Spoken to Public Health England today and they confirmed over the phone that as of yesterday, 3 August, they no longer require GenDec or the Passenger Locator Forms for private flights.

FI/IRI (London/South East)
EGKB (Biggin Hill), United Kingdom

That’s astonishing, @MarkW. In case you spoke to somebody clueless, would you have any reference e.g. number called and when?

Great news! Saves about half an hour.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Spoken to Public Health England today and they confirmed over the phone that as of yesterday, 3 August, they no longer require GenDec or the Passenger Locator Forms for private flights.

Peter: Do you have a name or email source for this?
It would be useful to have something to defend myself on this when challenged by Border Force. To say: “A friend of mine spoke to someone who said it wasn’t needed” might not convince.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

It was @markw who posted it, see above, and right below that I asked him for more info.

Administrator

Called again (number in the NOTAM: 020 8745 7209) and slightly different answer this time.

Flying solo, no GenDec or Passenger Locator Form.

Flying with a passenger, even if they are your partner, send GenDec and Passenger Locator Form.

Last Edited by MarkW at 05 Aug 11:43
FI/IRI (London/South East)
EGKB (Biggin Hill), United Kingdom

Amazing

It would have been advisable to have got the person’s name or police officer serial number. Or record it and post the MP3 (I can upload it). Otherwise, they can wash their hands of it. I have had the CAA wash their hands of something they told me over the phone, but I don’t record my phone calls…

Administrator

OK; to get some legally usable data on this, I phoned them and recorded it.

This time, yet another story. You need the GENDEC in all cases (except the CTA) but the Passenger Locator Form is needed only if you have passengers.

Cost me £5 for the call recording app (to support the programmer and to block stupid adverts popping up) Android 10 is crippled and no longer allows these to work properly, but it is usable.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message