Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Small update for entering Switzerland.

Spain now is on the list of the risk countries and requires 10 days quarantine, excluding the Baleares and Canary Islands. Romania is also on the list now.

full list here:

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

to get some legally usable data on this, I phoned them and recorded it.

Thank you for this.
It is very useful to have the source and I am grateful for the effort you took to obtain it.
There is, at least, a certain logic in her answer:
IF you haven’t flown with any passengers, it is clearly futile to try to ‘list’ the non-passengers for future tracing.
But this is clearly not the case if you have flown with others into the UK who might need tracing.
As far as GENDEC is concerned, there is often confusion over this.
As I understand it:
If flying TO another European country from the UK, one needs to submit a flight plan AND a GENDEC to your destination.
But when LEAVING a European country for return to the UK, although the country you are leaving requires a GENDEC, the GAR suffices for informing UK authorities of who is travelling INTO the UK and no ‘extra’ GENDEC is required for the UK.

Last Edited by Peter_G at 05 Aug 15:00
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Peter_G wrote:

As far as GENDEC is concerned, there is often confusion over this. As I understand it:
If flying TO another European country from the UK, one needs to submit a flight plan AND a GENDEC to your destination.
But when LEAVING a European country for return to the UK, although the country you are leaving requires a GENDEC, the GAR suffices for informing UK authorities of who is travelling INTO the UK and no ‘extra’ GENDEC is required for the UK.

Well yes in theory one needs 2*GENDEC for in/out of Schengen flights (+GAR for UK inbounds), see 2.3.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0399&from=EN

The format seems more like UK GAR with crew/pax immigration identity details than ICAO GENDEC Annex9 template, which has nothing to do with immigration but rather pob health (& US agriculture stuff )

If you ask destination airport operations/customs to send you “their GENDEC template” you get different format each time but most places are just happy with quick email called “notification of in/out flight” with all crew/pax details or copy of UK GAR and they are less keen on a simple ICAO GENDEC Annex9 template

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Aug 16:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

From the above URL:

Yes the UK GAR would seem to be enough. I do sometimes send it to the destination abroad.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The format seems more like UK GAR with crew/pax immigration identity details than ICAO GENDEC Annex9 template,

On my recent flight back from The Netherlands, my Group was checked by Border Police concerting one’s GENDEC.
One of our planes – who spends quite a lot of money on Rocketroute – was challenged for failing to submit one and required to do so whilst they waited.
I expected to be similarly questioned; only to be pleasantly surprised that by filing via SkyDemon, and using their OnLineGAR, an Outgoing GENDEC had been created for my departure from Midden Zealand automatically. 😄

Last Edited by Peter_G at 06 Aug 05:01

Does SD use the OnlineGAR site, at the £3 per filing rate? OnlineGAR is very good, and if I wasn’t emailing my GARs I would use it, rather than some other agency which has no business seeing the full personal details of my passengers

Administrator

Does SD use the OnlineGAR site, at the £3 per filing rate?

Although SD charges £1 per flight plan (which I believe it submits via EuroFPL), the OnLineGAR is a free service.
This means, I presume, if you really wanted to: You could submit your Flightplan via another method and just use the OnLineGAR of SD.

@carlmeek will know more but OnlineGAR itself is £3 per filing – or was last time I looked. So SD must have done a bulk deal with them which it funds from its £100/year or so subscription, on the basis that not too many are using it.

Is the OnlineGAR-generated Gendec different to the UK GAR?

Administrator

That’s pretty much right – our deal with SkyDemon is completely unlimited use, and thousands of GARs are filed this way each year. It’s only for light leisure GA, anything bigger needs to pay to use it directly.

OnlineGAR sends direct XML message into the border force systems – bypassing any manual/paper/fax/email.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Is the OnlineGAR-generated Gendec different to the UK GAR?

This is the Gendec that was created for me (unknown at the time – till the Border Police called!):

GENDEC

Last Edited by Peter_G at 06 Aug 08:48
Sign in to add your message