Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

tmo wrote:

Are you taking the C next time? :)

No, probably I will take the direct flight no matter what it costs.

GA and VFR or light IFR is fine as long as there are no “MUST ABSOLUTELY TRAVEL” dates. Which is unfortunately what we have.

But I might try for the summer period. Fall and spring are critical and would not have worked either way.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Ireland back to almost full lockdown for 6 weeks by the looks of things. Glad I got my SEP and IR revalidated while things were quiet!

EIMH, Ireland

Can you still fly within Ireland?

I would be surprised if anyone did a total “nobody can leave the house” this time around, because that will kill the economy, kill tax revenues, and the tax money is needed to buy off the local politicians who run the regions which are being selectively locked down

Italian GA airports appear to need the CV19 test certificate, within 72hrs of arrival in Italy, as reported by various sources, even if the airport says you just need to do that declaration I posted earlier.

I can’t say this with 100% certainty but it was fairly obvious on a trip I have done recently.

If you get this wrong you might get this which is going to a pretty unpleasant “prison sentence”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Can you still fly within Ireland?

Kind of. For the last couple of weeks it was stay in your county so you could fly A-A if your airport was in your county (there aren’t any in Dublin anymore). As of Wednesday night it’s stay within 5km of your home. All non-essential retail and gyms etc closed, no house visits or meeting more than one person outdoors. They’re keeping the schools open though.

EIMH, Ireland

Peter wrote:

Italian GA airports appear to need the CV19 test certificate, within 72hrs of arrival in Italy, as reported by various sources, even if the airport says you just need to do that declaration I posted earlier.

Did you stay more than 36 hours? Because the regulations state that:

Provided that no symptoms of COVID-19 arise and that there have been no stays or transits in one or more countries referred to in list F in the fourteen (14) days prior to entry into Italy, without prejudice to the self- declaration and presentation of the negative result of a molecular or antigenic test (where applicable), as well as communication of one’s entry from abroad on the national territory, the provisions relating to the obligation of fiduciary isolation and health surveillance, the use of private means for reach the final destination and the obligation to swab * DO NOT apply :

a) to anyone (regardless of nationality) who enters Italy for a period not exceeding 120 hours for proven work, health or absolute urgency needs , with the obligation, at the expiry of said term, to immediately leave the national territory or failing that, to begin the period of surveillance and fiduciary isolation;

b) to anyone (regardless of nationality) who transits, by private vehicle, in the Italian territory for a period not exceeding 36 hours, with the obligation, at the expiry of said term, to immediately leave the national territory or, failing that, to initiate the period of surveillance and fiduciary isolation;

(Google Translate of http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/approfondimento/saluteinviaggio/coronavirus/L’Italia )

b) to anyone (regardless of nationality) who transits, by private vehicle, in the Italian territory for a period not exceeding 36 hours, with the obligation, at the expiry of said term, to immediately leave the national territory or, failing that, to initiate the period of surveillance and fiduciary isolation;

I didn’t see that bit. It must have been well hidden, and wasn’t posted here before AFAICT.

However, it is just too dangerous. You need to be delayed by just 1 day and you are in trouble, potentially. We now know what Italy does with people who test positive…

Administrator

The Irish restriction to 5km from your home is draconian if enforced in rural areas where your home is >5km from the nearest shop.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Draconian and unnecessary. We never had a 5km restriction here, yet we got to be COVID-free.

Andreas IOM

Just heard that Germany will from tomorrow quarantine all UK arrivals. So that closes Germany to Brits, practically speaking.

Administrator

Maoraigh wrote:

The Irish restriction to 5km from your home is draconian if enforced in rural areas where your home is >5km from the nearest shop.

The 5km restriction is for exercise. That is exercise within 5km of home.
Then don’t leave home unless for an essential reason. Essential reasons aren’t limited to 5km. Shopping for essential goods is an essential reason.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message