Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Lockdown is expected next week for the french major cities. Fortunately, I could revalidate my SEP.

You can buy books, we will have time to read

LFOU, France

Peter wrote:

Just heard that Germany will from tomorrow quarantine all UK arrivals. So that closes Germany to Brits, practically speaking.

Is it not the same conditions as for 90% of France (except border departments), Belgium,Spain etc – as in you fill in a form and either get a -ve test 48hrs before arrival and then you are free to go about your business or get at test on arrival and go to destination and isolate until -ve result comes through?
(I did this last weekend, just back home – so correct as of now).

Regards, SD..

Not sure about the test before arrival (that’s what Italy does at the smaller airports which don’t have CV19 testing on-site) but a test after arrival is a huge risk because if you test positive you either have to stay somewhere there (or they will detain you somewhere) until you test negative which could be weeks or months. It’s one thing getting stuck with it at your home but quite another being stuck abroad, and then if you get properly ill it will be “even more fun” to be in a hospital abroad.

I would not travel to any such place unless it could be done with a prior test and one had the option of flying back home immediately if there is something they don’t like, or the policy changed during the flight.

I think most “GA” airports will let you fly back in such a case (although good luck getting this officially confirmed) but no “airline” airport will allow you to get back on an airliner… they will grab you and keep you there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I think most “GA” airports will let you fly back in such a case (although good luck getting this officially confirmed) but no “airline” airport will allow you to get back on an airliner… they will grab you and keep you there.

We had this case for a flight within an island of Portugal.
Due to the delay in France to have results of PCR test (5-6 days to have results by that time), it was possible to do it on arrival.
We asked if we tested positive on arrival if we could fly back home with our plane. Denied by airport/health authority.
We delayed the flight for a few week when situation improved and we did our test before departure.

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

This might of of use to someone.

Administrator

France is in lockdown again as of Today.
Same as Spring.
No travel without authorization. “Permissions” declarations required to leave your home etc.
Borders shut except for authorized worker travel.
The local aerodrome yesterday buzzing with activity as everyone that could fly got airbourne.

Will be interesting to see if the population goes along as freely as last time, or looks for loopholes.

Regards, SD.

Is France closing down flying too?

Last time, IIRC, the FFA got a special deal with the DGAC so aeroclubs could fly once a month or some such, but private owners could not.

Grim times…

Administrator

French lock down is a little bit relaxed compared to March, but all leisures activities are closed.

FFA doesn’t have information yet but you are not supposed to get out to the airfield, except if you work there.
The ground run exemption for clubs will probably be reintroduced (my guess here).

LFOU, France

Last time it was a ground run only by a mechanic IIR – not available to private owners though. Nothing from FFA as yet, but then to be expected – After the announcement Wednesday evening, as of midday yesterday the French Govt website had not been updated. Not bothered looking since as I went flying yesterday and dont need to go anywhere myself today…

Regards, SD..

I am (stuck) in Corsica at the moment, I understand everything in France would stay open (I only care about JetA/Avgas trucks to be honest, I am not betting on Total Cards this time ) until Sunday to allow for people to return from holidays, from Monday it’s understood to be full lockdown like back in March…

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Oct 21:52
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message