Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

From 3rd Dec 2020 the UK will again allow nonessential travel – see here and here – subject to the current quarantine rules.

I still have not managed to get the police to rule on whether a EGKA-EGKA flight via the Matterhorn needs the GAR, the PHE declaration, and a quarantine. The local department seems to have imploded when presented with the question. Filing the forms would be in breach of their own guidelines for filing them, and the quarantine would of course be ridiculous

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I heard a similar discussion on our FIS frequency last week, but about whether a plane should do a “touch and go” or just a “low pass” at LZTT (Poprad, Slovakia).

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Peter wrote:

I still have not managed to get the police to rule on whether a EGKA-EGKA flight via the Matterhorn needs the GAR, the PHE declaration, and a quarantine.

PHE CHU gendec/quarantine I don’t think so? I recall had a confirmation in July that’s ok even if you land without mixing

GAR, I flew with another EuroGA pilot, he was told by UKBF to file return GAR for TnG in Calais and when flying Dieppe LPV without landing, French customs told us by phone they don’t need anything as long as it’s not full stop landing in FPL (ofc, answer may vary depending who you talk with, so worth sending PNR anyway )

But maybe it’s worth clarifying things with local police or local ATS/ATC as well, we may have been talking things very lightly pre-corona days and these days things are far more tight

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 Nov 10:15
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Scilly Isles EGHE are shut to GA now

L5312/20
COVID-19: INFORMATION
SCILLY ISLES/ST MARYS ATS AND AD OPERATING HOURS WILL VARY AT SHORT
NOTICE TO ACCOMMODATE SCHEDULED OPERATOR FLIGHTS ONLY AND REMAINS
STRICTLY PPR. AD REMAINS AVBL TO SAR, EMERGENCY AND MIL FLIGHTS AT
ALL TIMES. LOCAL BASED OUT OF HOURS INDEMNITIES ARE IN FORCE.

There is the “lockdown” anyway but I phoned them and the man said there is no plan to open to GA on 3rd Dec (when lockdown ends / “nonessential travel” is allowed again). So… like in the first wave, when they closed to GA for a few months.

GAR, I flew with another EuroGA pilot, he was told by UKBF to file return GAR for TnG in Calais

I heard that too. There is the grey area whether a FP is needed for a t&g…

and when flying Dieppe LPV without landing, French customs told us by phone they don’t need anything as long as it’s not full stop landing in FPL

Presumably, LFAT would be OK with a refuel since the police are there 24/7? And same with e.g. Lille, for same reason?

One would need a means of generating and emailing a GAR if doing that… either send one in speculatively or arrange for a friend to do one, on an SMS you transmit on the way to the fuel stop.

The PHE form is something else… probably no harm in doing that at the same time.

I simply cannot believe anyone in power would have the brass balls to require a quarantine! But you never know…

Administrator

How are their numbers? Islands have the unique advantage that they can isolate very well if they don’t let anyone in. In their place I would only let cargo in and people only subject to strict quarantine and testing

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Probably zero now, with most tourism having ended quite some weeks ago. I am not missing it; the TB20 would sink into the ground there, after all the recent rain.

Administrator

“From 3rd Dec 2020 the UK will again allow nonessential travel – see here and here – subject to the current quarantine rules.”
Is that correct? Or only England? Was non-essential travel forbidden in all of Scotland? Will travel to England be permitted? I don’t know.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

skydriller wrote:

No, this time I think it is more of a “Gallic Shrug” kind of thing whereby the rules are there, but…

Yep people are fed up and have decided enough is enough…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

@LFNHflightstudent will you go out flying “20km” from home/base tomorrow?

skydriller wrote:

@LFNHflightstudent will you go out flying “20km” from home/base tomorrow?

I will go on Tuesday and start my multi-engine rating on the other side of France. Have been using the plane for my business in the mean time so I guess the answer is yes. There are hardly any NOTAM’s this time compared to the last that report airport closures. And the sentiment when I inquire is always, there is no NOTAM and there won’t be any. As I said, people are fed up, they have literally had it with all of the inconsistencies.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message