Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Latest govt guidance on flying in England

So, you can fly to prevent the engine rusting. Lycoming stipulate at least 1h every 4 weeks or less.

So, same as during lockdown #1. You can fly for this purpose.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I cannot find anything about this in the Scottish regulations.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

And note that the above is government Guidance..

Today’s EGPE Inverness Notam. Hours of opening are restricted with closed times throughout the day and:
“3. GA LEISURE FLYING IS NOT PERMITTED.
4. GA FLIGHTS FOR MAINTENANCE CHECKS, FERRY, AND ENGINE HEALTH UNDER COVID-19 REMAIN A PERMISSIBLE OPERATION, WHEN THERE IS AN URGENT REQUIREMENT TO DO SO.”

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

That is a completely pointless NOTAM.

The only thing anyone needs to know is if/when the aerodrome is open, which they pointedly havent mentioned.
The rest is just repeating the government “guidance” as an arse covering exercise.

Just got an info mail from LT (CAA). These are EASA wide. All pilots shall wait 48 hours after getting covid vaccine before flying. Also, medicals are only valid if the covid vaccine is approved by EMA (European Medicines Agency). For Norway these rules are for every flying medical license.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Apologies. I only copied part of the NOTAM referring to GA flying.
The opening hours were in “1.” and “2.” The NOTAM made sense.
And repeating English Government guidance is useful, as I found no Scottish Government guidance for GA.

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 13 Jan 21:15
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Starting Saturday 16, France is under curfew from 6 pm to 6 am. You can only move around for one of the reasons in the new ´attestation’ like work, medical appointment etc…

LFOU, France

I found no Scottish Government guidance for GA.

Would anyone find such guidance necessary, or even remotely useful?

The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020, as amended, seem characteristically clear and concise.

On page 81 we see that solitary outdoor recreation is a statutory “reasonable excuse” for leaving and remaining outside of one’s home.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

The UK has closed all permitted travel corridors and now you need a test to come back – more info – which is risky in case you test positive before the return flight

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message