Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Neither a negative test result nor self-isolation is required of persons arriving from a place within the CTA provided they’ve been in the CTA throughout the past ten days.

London, United Kingdom

Thanks Jacko! Downloaded.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

The sting:
“(ii) that starts and ends at the same place, which place must be—
(aa) in the local government area in which that person lives, or
(bb) within 5 miles of such local government area,”
The airport is >15 miles from the boundary. :-(. I’ll risk it.
But I can legally go to my favourite long walk area.:-)
PS that document is inferior to EASA documents as a soporific.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I think the trick might be to blur the concept of where and when your outdoor recreation starts and stops. Walking or (motor)cycling from your car to the hangar? Driving one’s Morgan or Lotus to the airport with the roof down?

Dreadful thing to say about our Leader’s latest diktat. :( I’m sure it’s a work of art, but if one could find fault that would surely be Mrs Thatcher’s doing.

Last Edited by Jacko at 21 Jan 09:52
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Regarding the UK CAA Covid-19 response, any idea why they aren’t extending the validity of ratings as they did last March?

Their last extension is concerning validity periods of theoretical exams and training. But they haven’t superseded the previous extension of ratings such as SEP or IRs.

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?catid=1&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=list&type=sercat&id=128&filter=2&reorder=dateOrder

EDDW, Germany

There is no intention to extend ratings further, people had last summer to get them sorted and professional flying for revalidation renewal is still allowed. The intent is that people who haven’t achieved revalidation or renewal now are reasonably those who need a proficiency check anyway.

Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

The view now is: a rating revalidation/extension has to be planned between lockdowns (like any aspect of life), if not then it’s in “renewal/proficiency territory” anyway…

Also, I am sure one can extend ratings that are about to expire soon if they are pushy it’s “understandably allowed” (even if it means breaking guideline, morale, order, rules or interpretations as judged by other pilots, just don’t ask in Facebook groups about it but rather find an aircraft, school and instructor who are ok and get done with it )

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Jan 16:33
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

That’s a pity because lockdowns and epidemics and the timing of these are not predictable. Plus medicals can be complex and expensive, for many pilots who need to organise extra tests. Most of these tests involve going to a hospital, which is positively the last thing you want to do.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Perhaps it is me being a somewhat cynical about this. But if they allowed further extensions and there was no obvious increase in issues then people may query the value of it or if the regulation could be reduced.

I wonder the same thing in the way that MOT’s were automatically given an extension in first lockdown, but not this time.

If I understand it correctly, since mid october in the UK, depending upon tiers etc, it wasnt possible to do anything wrt licence revalidation/ instruction flights etc. This is a good 3 months or so – I wonder how many remember the “within the last 3 months” clause that was so controversial, even if not the case in reality??

Regards, SD..
Sign in to add your message