Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Just use somebody’s UK address

I wish I knew what a short term visitor to the UK is supposed to do! I guess they could all lie and say they are exempted, but it doesn’t seem likely.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi All, I have to go to EHLE – Lelystad – this week. Just wondered how restricted things are as might have left it too late to get a test and since the uk is VERY HIGH RISK country, of course….

Any info greatly appreciated

thanks

Jamie

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Thanks Neil, yep, understood – it was more about actually on the ground enforcement incase I can’t to get the test done in time….Thanks J

Pig
If only I’d known that….

IMHO, coming from the UK, if a country requires a test, there is no way they will let you get away without it. The UK is being closely watched

Unless it is some little GA airfield in the south of Europe

Administrator

I did just fly through San Sebastian and they were not concerned in the slightest. There was quite a lot of checking stamps in my passport though…. Same in Cannes earlier in the year – just a wave through. But we are now the naughty children of Europe, Europe being a continent ….

Pig
If only I’d known that….

@pig posts moved to existing composite thread on CV19 flying restrictions etc.

FWIW I have had to show my vacc certificate everywhere I’ve been abroad.

Looks like you need a test done. The preceeding posts contain some tips on reliable companies. For the rapid (lateral flow) test, the ideal way is where you buy the kit at your leisure (they don’t expire) and then just before you go you take it and email the photo to the company which, within 100 milliseconds i.e. without anybody looking at it, emails you back a test certificate And of course smart people know the way to make the rapid test deliver a negative result every time

The C19… outfit would be good for this.

Administrator

ah, to be organised! Thanks Peter, I’ll work my way through that. In terms of companies, I just used Chronomics for my pointless day two test back in the uk, which at 18.99 was flawless.

Very much like the idea of kits on standby – as for Lelystad tomorrow I’ll try a nice smile and an NHS test kit….

Cheers

J

Pig
If only I’d known that….

AFAIK countries which want an inbound test don’t allow the NHS kits; they all want a “certificate”. So you have to do the test yourself, beforehand, and turn up with the result – preferably a printout. Quite funny because a lot of people don’t have a printer

Stupid really, because if they watched you do it, 15 mins later they have the result and they could be sure you didn’t cheat. Whereas this way you get a totally bogus certificate, issued by an auto responder.

Administrator

Ah. In that case I’ll put the test in the Chronomics box I used last week…. who’d have imagined Governments could be so flawed on so many levels…..

Pig
If only I’d known that….
Sign in to add your message