Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

The above was posted in the other thread, but there is poor evidence for it.

It will be interesting what France does and specifically whether the 65+ requirement is active for visitors also.

This passage is from a UK newspaper:

How the rules will be applied to overseas visitors has yet to be confirmed, but it seems certain that they will be imposed on tourists entering the country, and in any case, it really isn’t feasible to travel around France without a Pass Sanitaire. A further complication for British visitors is that currently the NHS app, which syncs with TousAntiCovid, cannot display the additional QR code which confirms that you have had a booster jab. The issue, unless sorted, could also make things awkward for anyone over 65 who has booked a holiday in France after mid December.

Reportedly, the NHS app data does contain the 3rd vaccination immediately, but we all know that border officials in some places rarely speak any English, and the data does not appear in the QR code which is the only bit they look at (and scan).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve had my third vax. From the news, the Scottish app cannot record the third vax. I’m in Scotland. :-(

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

No, it is upon the country how long they reckognize them.

You’re splitting hairs. Of course the person looking at the Covid pass has to have some rules to go on.

But that’s not the point. The point is that the Covid pass itself does not confer any privileges, it is just information that someone uses to make a decision.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Can we please keep this thread for actual flying aspects.

The “civil liberties” stuff has been done to death in the other thread, and with totally entrenched positions.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Reportedly, the NHS app data does contain the 3rd vaccination immediately, but we all know that border officials in some places rarely speak any English, and the data does not appear in the QR code which is the only bit they look at (and scan).

AFAICT the border crossing is perfectly legal to do without any QR code as well, by just presenting papers for the vaccinations/tests themselves. The whole QR code app thingy was just supposed to make controlling the rules easier. I’ll have to dig more into that subject if it is of interest. I do agree that you won’t get very far in France without the pass sanitaire, although a few weeks ago in Paris I spent a whole weekend going to restaurants, bars etc. and was only asked about the pass once, at the hotel check-in.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 12 Nov 22:14

I live in France and dont have the app. I do have printed copies of my vax status (passport) that I keep in my actual passport, the car and my wallet… not yet had any problems, just show when asked.

@Peter – I know it’s not easy, but can you move Covid related discussions to appropriate thread, leaving here only traveling related topics?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Done.

Administrator

Austria imposes 2G from tomorrow on.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

For “2G” I found this. Does that affect GA pilots?

Out of a vast number, I know only one who is unvacced, and he knows he is not going anywhere. So this is of no practical relevance – fortunately!

Administrator
Sign in to add your message