Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

They need to sort out Alderney The “covid welcome team” in their Apollo spacesuits gets there 1130-1200, to check the “blue blob” on that daft app, so day trips are practically impossible.

However, even a need for an LFT test is a trivial thing. I am doing the same overseas flights I would be doing anyway. Just a £20 extra cost. I know many are put off by this but they are seriously missing out, and will in due course regret their loss of currency and loss of fun

Jersey needs an improved parking surface.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The general CV19 thread was locked at 10,000 posts. Please don’t start another one; posts will be deleted.

Administrator

Unlike Jersey, the Isle of Man at this time (and for the near future) still requires:

• a landing card be filled out
  • non-Manx residents who are fully vaccinated need to have a “Vaccination exemption” (the exemption is from the requirement to self-isolate)
  • must do an LFT within 24 hours of arrival and report the results on the website.

They are not meeting aircraft on arrival, and you don’t have to fly into Ronaldsway – if you have another landing site, you can go directly there.

(It’s worse if you’re a sailor – you must dock either at Douglas or Peel only, and only during specified time windows, basically a couple of hours either side of the daytime high tide – night time arrivals not available. Restricting to Douglas or Peel only is a big deal – if you have a boat in the south, for example, and decide to go for a cruise to North Wales and back, on the return you have to make a detour of several hours to re-enter…most sailing boats only do 6 or 7 knots flat out!)

Given that recently the Isle of Man has had the highest infection rates in Western Europe, any of the above seems pretty silly given an arrival is probably less likely to have COVID than a resident.

Last Edited by alioth at 31 Jan 13:54
Andreas IOM

Can a 25 year old with 2 vacces go to France?

I can’t work it out from here.

Administrator

If the 2nd vax was administered within the last 6 months.
And you need a PCR/Lateral Flow test 24hrs before travel.

From HERE – scroll down for English PDF version.

Regards, SD..

Last Edited by skydriller at 02 Feb 11:04

I heard the above is soon changing to 4 months or something like that, so watch out.

France, like Italy, also wants the EU PLF (doesn’t work with Chrome; I use Firefox) although, like Croatia with its PLF, I doubt they do anything with it or even connect that database to anything at all.

Travel out of the UK is still “some work”. It is getting the “special treatment” despite having half the numbers of France

For yesterday’s trip to LFAT:

2 x flight plan
2 × GAR (100% checked by police)
PN to LFAT (ignored due to 24/7 police; they told me so)
EU PLF
UK PLF (100% checked by police, though only for whether it was filed, not for content)
LFT test (print off certificate and bring it, and can use same test magic # for the UK PLF)

The last 3 are CV19 related but basically meaningless today.

Administrator

Is this PLF new? Ive been in/out of France a couple of times since Christmas and never heard of it… I had a printout of my vax cert & pcr test, it was all anyone was interested in…

I thought that a PLF was a UK thing?
Edit: back when the vax certs were new, you had to fill in a “declaration” to enter France, but that went away when “Pass Sanitaire” became a thing…

Regards, SD..

Last Edited by skydriller at 06 Feb 08:04

you had to fill in a “declaration” to enter France

The police at LFAT give you that to fill in when you arrive; did the same last time (last year sometime).

Is this PLF new?

I was doing to Croatian PLF all of 2021 but I believe while the site may still be up, they stopped using it.

The EU PLF is for these countries, which makes me think it is just a half-cocked “tourist tracking” thing which Brussels knocked up but most countries didn’t bother joining up to it

I was first doing it for Italy because the airport (Aosta) said I need to. Had not done it for France before. Obviously I have no idea where the data goes (it is an absolutely fantastic personal data collection facility, for whatever later use ) but my instict tells me the data is used for nothing to do with CV19

The UK PLF is evidently 100% checked by the police (like the GAR) and same comment on the data entered, although I am sure the UK already has all the data you enter into that one.

Looking at the police faces at LFAT, while they scan the vacc certificate QR code, it is pretty obvious they cannot read the test certificate, and same everywhere else

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Looking at the police faces at LFAT, while they scan the vacc certificate QR code, it is pretty obvious they cannot read the test certificate, and same everywhere else

IME they just scan the QR code and look for the “negative” word somewhere on the printout…

IME they just scan the QR code and look for the “negative” word somewhere on the printout… 

Which is exactly the purpose of the qr code. All the check app does is to say it is valid or not. If they want more information they have to read the content of the text on the certificate.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message