Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Have a dig around here

https://airports.euroga.org/map.php

Probably somewhere at the NW end of Germany?

Most German airports have Immigration on PNR and you don’t need Customs because as far as they are concerned the UK is still in the EU.

@GRIFF posts moved to correct thread on flying restrictions.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Current UK quarantine table; also shows which way things are heading generally

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Current UK quarantine table

Peter: This is a VERY useful table which I assume is regularly updated.
Thank you for publishing it. Do you have a link for it which you can either PM me or post?
Many thanks

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

It was here but I doubt it is updated. A google on “quarantine list” digs out some stuff.

Administrator

That’s interesting. The Isle of Man Government said we would go to border level 3 (for the UK) when it went below a rate of 1 in 5000 (20 in 100K), the chart says the UK is at 9.9 per 100K.

Andreas IOM

Today’s news:

Quarantine restrictions have been reintroduced for people entering the UK from Croatia, Austria and Trinidad and Tobago from 04:00 BST on Saturday. Travellers from Switzerland to Scotland will also have to self-isolate.
Those arriving from several other countries, including France and Spain, have also been told to self-isolate on arrival, although people coming to the UK from Portugal no longer have to quarantine from Saturday morning.

The Switzerland to Scotland bit is hilarious The Scottish politicians are clearly enjoying this power.

With Croatia on the list, a really nice destination is not easily accessible now. I am glad I got great two trips in, within the last 3 months. Slovenia is still OK.

The Scilly Isles are open though

Administrator

Quarantine restrictions have been reintroduced for people entering the UK from Croatia

What about the crews? What if I land, leave the passenger and fly back?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Sure you can come to UK leave the same day, crew or pax, just if you stay you have to quarantine for period of stay or 14 days whatever is shorter

On the reverse, I understand it’s ok for crew to skip 14 days quaratine going from UK to France and back to the UK if “crew don’t leave the aircraft or pick passengers”…

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Aug 19:16
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Not the UK, but Norway let me in without quarantine after flying as Pax from CDG to Bergen just hours after Norway introduced (unbeknownst to me) mandatory quarantine for people who have previously stayed in France. Luckily, I never left the transit area at CDG and thus never really entered France. I believe other countries must handle that the same otherwise airline travel would be totally dead by now because you couldn’t take a flight via one of the larger hubs without having to quarantine at your destination.

Interestingly, everyone at that flight took the Covid measures very seriously and I have never seen people de-boarding an airplane so quietly and efficiently row by row.

EDQH, Germany

Emir wrote:

What about the crews? What if I land, leave the passenger and fly back?

Last Thursday I flew into Lydd from France and was met by Border Force. I had completed a GAR. The second thing they asked myself and fellow pilot after “passports” was if I had filled in a Passenger Locator Form. I had previously phoned the number on the NOTAM (+44 2087457209), which is Public Health UK at Heathrom and asked about our flight to inspect an aeroplane. The nice chap consulted with his colleagues and sent me an Email that confirmed that any pilots (private or professional) entering the UK and then leaving, do not need to quarantine if they do not leave the airport/airfield (technically airside). I was specifically asked if we were carrying pax and told that if we were then things were different – I didnt ask, but the implication was that they would have to quarantine and fill in Passenger Locator Forms. My advice would be to call Heathrow PHE, tell them what you want to do, and get them to email you so you can show anyone that asks.

I must say that the BF chap/ess we met were friendly and totally at ease with what we were doing there – but then they could see we were informed and prepared.

Regards, SD..

Last Edited by skydriller at 23 Aug 07:00
Sign in to add your message