Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Thanks @skydriller

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

What is the consensus on UK GA corridors (where we do not think there is a risk of quarantine) into the autumn: Ireland Germany Denmark Norway?

Although the UK itself may breach its own 20/100k for a week rule?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

No likelihood of quarantine on arrival into ireland being lifted in the short term. Though many seem to ignore it (including our own EU commissioner). If anything, it will get tighter.

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 25 Aug 16:49
EIWT Weston, Ireland

I thought UK to Ireland was OK? Donegal or Enniskillen could be a nice impromptu fly in.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I thought UK to Ireland was OK? Donegal or Enniskillen could be a nice impromptu fly in.

No. Arrival into Ireland from the UK requires 14 days quarantine. There is a short list of countries on our “Green list” which don’t require quarantine but that could well disappear soon and we’ll be able to all countries requiring quarantine.

Movement between NI and the Republic is ok, provided you’ve not been outside the Island in the previous 14 days.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Arrival into Ireland from the UK requires 14 days quarantine [snip] Movement between NI and the Republic is ok…

Isn’t Northern Ireland still technically part of the UK?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

dublinpilot wrote:

Arrival into Ireland from the UK requires 14 days quarantine.

I cannot find an Order making this requirement. Is it available online?

London, United Kingdom

You won’t find an order with the movement restriction. The government has stated the restriction but it’s not stated in law. Instead they are saying that you must complete the passenger location form to say where you will be isolating, and that completing that incorrectly or not updating it if necessary (eg by stating that you’ll be isolating but you don’t actually do it) is illegal and subject to prosecution. Why they don’t want to put the restriction itself into law, I’m not so sure. Probably some concern with constitutional rights.

You can see the restrictions here
https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-from-a-country-that-is-not-on-the-covid-19-travel-advice-list/

The UK (acchmmm sorry Jacko….Great Britain) is not on the green list.

There seems to be a lot of people not following the rules though and I believe follow up by authorities to check people are isolating, is in single digit percentage.

Having said that the head of the EU commission is currently deciding if our EU commissioner gets to keep his job following his breaching of this and other COVID rules.

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 26 Aug 16:20
EIWT Weston, Ireland

It is a “request”, not a legal requirement.

“Passengers from any other location not on this list are asked to restrict their movements for 14 days.”

Which seems a characteristically civilised and reasonable way for our government to act.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

As of 0400 this Saturday, arrivals to the UK from Czech Republic and Switzerland will also have to quarantine for 14 days.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message