Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

NicR wrote:

As of 0400 this Saturday, arrivals to the UK from Czech Republic and Switzerland will also have to quarantine for 14 days.

Well, Switzerland totally has lost the plot and now is a high risk country with over 350 cases per day (@ 8 million inhabitants). I suppose if the trend continues, we will be back to where we were in April with over 1000 new in a few days. Imposing quarantine for those coming out of this plague hotspot is more than called for.

The fact is though, the plague centers are the large cities, mainly Zurich and Geneva, but that is also where most people work so chances of spreading are huge.

As one guy known for a bit of cynisism added, with a bit of license Z and G sound a bit like Zodom and Gomorrah and both are known to be inhabited by pretty stubborn and renitent people. Maybe the sword has to fall over those two cities to purge the others.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 28 Aug 11:16
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

paywall…

Biggin Hill

Two clicks and you get to see the content…

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

@Mooney_Driver I’ve been through the General Aviation Center security control in Zurich yesterday, and it was full of a group of close to 100 young people who were taking a charter flight to Vienna. None of them was wearing a mask, and all of them were discussing loudly with each other. Some had their dogs, and items being passed through the security control of which the owners had apparently already boarded the bus that was to bring them to their Embraer later. It was complete mayhem and I was really afraid and embarrassed for my passengers, queueing in the middle of this group.

We and the security control staff were the only ones wearing masks.

When it was our turn to pass security, the policeman said we need to wait until the whole group had passed – some had still arrived after us and were still coming out of corners of the GAC.

15 minutes later, their bus was still waiting outside.

I wonder if there is anything one can do here – what would you do? We can’t have whole Airbus planeloads being funneled through our small
GAC in COVID times and being made to wait out these groups as plane owners, on top of that having to fear missing slots…

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 29 Aug 14:46

Rwy20 wrote:

I wonder if there is anything one can do here – what would you do? We can’t have whole Airbus planeloads being funneled through our small
GAC in COVID times and being made to wait out these groups as plane owners, on top of that having to fear missing slots…

Did you report this to the C office at the GAC?

I am totally stumped, first time ever I hear something like this in the GAC. Normally the limit for pax through the GAC is 15. Any other planes need to pass through the normal passenger terminal. This must have been a special flight with a rather special clearance.

I would actually write to [email protected] and ask them what this was. As I am on night shift, I have no idea when I will pass through there again anytime soon but I’ll see if I can find out anything.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 29 Aug 18:20
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Not yet, I haven’t been back. But I will ask them when I’m back.

Reading the current UK govt restrictions and quarantine exemptions website this one looks interesting

Basically any aircraft engineer can travel, with a suitable story.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Has anyone managed to avoid a quarantine by declaring themselves a “crew member”?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I think all Germans have, or will have, dropped out of the fly-in, due to the German Govt classification of the relevant region meaning that if anyone returning quarantines,

Currently the Border areas of France are not under any restrictions for Germany and Switzerland for obvious reasons (Annecy).
Specific regions of France entering Switzerland/Germany require quarantine, but Germany will accept a negative test instead of quarantine (Switzerland doesnt).

Regards, SD..

Sign in to add your message