Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

dublinpilot wrote:

You won’t find an order with the movement restriction. The government has stated the restriction but it’s not stated in law.

Having now gone over every act regulation and order I think you’re right. There is no movement restriction that I can find.

Section 38A of the Health Act 1947 —recently inserted by the Health (Preservation and Protection and other Emergency Measures in the Public Interest) Act 2020, s 11—confers on a medical officer of health a power to order the detention and isolation of a person believed in good faith to be a potential source of infection and a potential risk to public health. Various meanings are applied to potential source of infection by s 38A(10):

In this section—

‘potential source of infection’ means, in relation to a person, a person who meets one or more of the following criteria:

(c) a person who has travelled from, or been in contact with a person or persons who has or have travelled from a place outside the State that the medical officer of health believes in good faith to have a significant number of cases of persons infected with Covid-19;

London, United Kingdom

One of the new regulations coming in to force in the UK on 24 September is a draconian fine of £10,000 if one organises a gathering of more than 6.
Although primarily aimed at hotels/restaurants, to discourage them from taking bookings of more than that number, I can see that they (and others) will be reluctant to be associated in activities that involve groups above a certain size.
Already, for instance, my Fly-out to Troyes – and then laterly transferred to Sywell – for this coming weekend has had to be cancelled because the hotel/restaurant have expressed their wish that they do not want to identified “with such large numbers”.
It means that unless the regulation is clarified, future Fly-Ins or gatherings of pilots, AGM’s, and even Committee Meetings, might all be under the spotlight.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

The quarantine thing is starting to get really complex now, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find out where you need quarantine and where not.

Cyprus now has imposed quarantine for arrivals from Switzerland, there is rumours for Italy and Greece following suit.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This video might explain rulings.
(I haven’t seen the new evidence that the Covid-19 virus is strictly nocturnal, but our UK Governments obviously have)

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

That’s an outstanding video. Everybody should watch it.

Great data on the relative risks of outdoor versus indoor eating etc.

The new outbreaks seems to be highly “university return” / partying related. There is now talk here of not letting univ students go back home at xmas. Won’t be enforceable but probably a great idea.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

One thing that video doesnt address is why Italy hasnt had an “increasing trend” like France/Spain and the UK “prediction”.

My guess, worth what you are paying for it, is that the spread in Italy was driven by quite narrow factors:

• multi generational family co-habitation
  • poor health / high vulnerability (near 100% smoking history)
  • the young working in the ski industry where lots of people are on top of each other in apres ski bars while p1ssed

They aren’t repeating it this time, not least because the last one is missing (for the time being). Winter in N Italy might not be fun…

Whereas in N Europe the spread was driven by a lot more factors. Right now the latest UK spread is univ students being on top of each other in vast numbers while p1ssed, but next month it might be something else.

Administrator

Administrator

Sorry if I’m being a bit dim, but how does this chart relate to our government prohibiting social contact with friends and family in my home, while encouraging me to use bars, restaurants, gyms, public transport and religious gatherings (most of which I detest)?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

how does this chart relate to our government prohibiting social contact with friends and family in my home, while encouraging me to use bars, restaurants, gyms, public transport and religious gatherings

This is total rubbish and illogical, can only be driven by economical agenda. Obviously, when people are prohibited to meet at home, nobody looses much money, but if they close down the public places again, then the economy suffers. From a health point of view, it has been sais for a while that a lot of infections happen at home or in family gatherings, but the reasoning behind this is lacking. In order to infect people at home, they need to get infected outside of it. So half baked yet again. If they want to reduce infections, they need to lock down, otherwise the whole thing is for nothing.

Personally, I think the whole quarantine mess needs urgent addressing. It is totally impossible to predict what countries may do, at what time, and with what warning periode. This is totally crazy. Not two countries have similar criterias on how they determine if a country will impose quarantines or not. The EU is totally amiss here, instead of taking leadership and declaring clear and open limits and conditions a normal person can understand and plan with, any country will do as they deem fit. IMHO this is more damaging to the industry than clear criteria.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message