Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

If you can find a suitable animated GIF, just drop it in like any other image. I have just looked for a few but could find only huge ones which just look stupid. Best ones are 32×32 pixels, but I don’t seem to have an image editor which preserves the animation.

I keep a few here: https://peter-ftp.co.uk/icons2/

There is an admin procedure for adding emoticons to the two we already have but it is more complicated than I have the willpower to work out

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In the UK, from today, up to six people can meet up, in the open, in a public place, and eat takeaway food.

Two households or groups of up to six people

We could have a fly-in!

You’ve got to find an airport that’s open, and open to outside traffic. Shoreham is one…

You can’t meet up in somebody’s back garden though – they want to prevent “secret house parties” which are believed to have always been a major virus spreader.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

You can’t meet up in somebody’s back garden though

Yes you can…. but no going indoors.

EGLM & EGTN

EASA has published recommendations concerning vaccination of aircrew. It is notable that they recommend no flying in one-pilot ops for 72 hours after vaccination. (48 hours in two-pilot ops.) Of course, the recommendations are primarily written with CAT in mind.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Not entirely unexpected guidance for FAA AMEs for anyone who had CV19 – here

I wonder if they are going to require some cardiovascular tests e.g. an ECG treadmill. One cardiologist told me that every respiratory disease does measurable permanent lung damage but so long as you can pass the ECG treadmill the FAA is happy.

Administrator

The Scottish Government currently prohibits travel between Scotland and England without a “reasonable excuse”.

Nobody in this region takes much notice of Holyrood’s regulatory incontinence but I did hear last week (from an ATPL whose partner is an ATCO) that Scottish controllers have been ordered “not to allow” private GA flights to England – presumably by refusing booking-out clearances or flight plans…

I’m unable to confirm first-hand, since I very rarely talk to ATC, let alone ask for a clearance.

Has anyone else heard this bizarre rumour, or able to dispel it, or actually experienced such a (mis)use of the ATC system?

If true, is it worthy of an MOR?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

UK pilots can now have a meet-up, up to six people, outdoors, with distancing.

The law limits retail food to takeaway outlets.

So, practically speaking, and avoiding taxis or buses, one can do a fly-in to some place where one can walk to somewhere nice.

Le Touquet would have been an outstanding destination as always but a return from France requires a quarantine.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Le Touquet would have been an outstanding destination as always but a return from France requires a quarantine.

Channel Islands? Isles of Man/Wight/Scilly?

EDDW, Germany

All closed except Isle of Wight, and Bembridge (checked and open now) is a good one.

Administrator

I highly recommend Oaksey Park:

https://www.oakseyparkairfield.co.uk

Set in beautiful countryside and 1000m of the smoothest grass you will find anywhere. There is a pub within walking distance that will be able to serve food outside from 12th April, or alternatively there is a lot of grass so a picnic might be possible.

They are presently still operating based-aircraft-only, but they are very friendly and will no doubt open up soon.

EGLM & EGTN
Sign in to add your message