Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Lateral flow tests are inexpensive, not sure how they plan to make PCR tests cheaper. Presumably there would have to be scale walk in facilities for PCR tests?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

But that is about £200/person.

Plus anything they ask in the country where you arrive. That’s why my daughter skipped Easter break and stayed in UK. Total bill for tests would exceed £400 which is more than two return tickets.

Last Edited by Emir at 10 Apr 06:43
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

But it avoids bringing the vaccine passports into it because they would be “divisive” (the current dumbo-media-driven hot potato) and the opposition has said they won’t back them.

Peter wrote:

Yes; they need to do the vaccine passports.

I do not disagree that this will eventually happen for travel abroad. Conditions for entry into a country is something that of course a country gets to decide – be it “vaccination” or “you must wear pink underpants”.
I do fervently disagree with your “Dumbo Media driven” statement, this is something not to be taken lightly.

There would be widespread civil dis-obedience if the Govt were to say “if you’re vaccinated you can do x,y,z – if not you cant”, because right now the government gets to decide who is vaccinated and who isnt. What that in effect means is that those currently not vaccinated (who have been screwed most and are least likely to be affected by C19) would not be allowed to do the things they most want to do while those they “protected|” now get to do those things…

Im in my 40s and govt restrictions have screwed up my livelyhood & lifestyle over the last year, and the way things are going here, I cant see myself being vaccinated until after the summer. I am absolutely not someone that believes in protest and civil dis-obedience, but believe me, if the government decides next week or at any time before I am offered a vaccination, that anyone vaccinated is free to do whatever they want, but those not vaccinated cant, I would take to the streets and make my feelings known

Regards, SD..

On a lighter note, we are now allowed to move up to 30km for outdoor sports. So aerodromes are now accessible for most people.

I think our gov has no clue how to manage this. As about 50% of the french will be vaccinated by the summer, they will have a hard time limiting the movements of non-vaxed people.
It will be as before, but a vax certificate will equal any PCR tests.

Hearsay told me in Ukraine, a positive PCR test is cheaper than a negative one

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

On a lighter note, we are now allowed to move up to 30km for outdoor sports. So aerodromes are now accessible for most people.

I thought the 30km thing was for adjoining departments?

But thats good if true, though I dont know anyone that wasnt going to the aerodrome anyway following the “instruction is allowed” decree.

Jujupilote wrote:

I think our gov has no clue how to manage this.

Unfortunately I think this is true. My guess is that this summer will be like last summer. Any hint of restrictions will make the resulting backlash of the public making their feelings known make the “Les Jillet Jeunes” protests look like a picnic… And this time I might just join in…

Regards, SD..

To inject some aviation related content here. Does anyone know if EASA has done a deferral of license revalidations due to Covid? While I still have some time (end of year) for the reval, my medical has lapsed, so without doing that I can’t do my check flight during my next trip to Europe. Before you say ‘just get a new medical’, this is surprisingly difficult in the country I’m going to. Alas, there are no EASA AMEs here in SoCal. Thoughts?

[ @172driver post moved to thread where these get posted ]

The DGAC certainly do Covid extensions. You need to fill in a form and send it to one of their offices. They xill then enter your extension date on Sigibel so you can print it off from the internet. You also need to keep a copy of the form you filled out with your licence when you fly.
When you do revalidate the examiner will enter that in Sigibel and sign your licence accordingly.

France

172driver wrote:

Does anyone know if EASA has done a deferral of license revalidations due to Covid?

Unfortunately EASA hasn’t done anything. Individual EASA countries have, but it depends on which country issued your licence. Ireland did some small extension last year, but nothing currently in force.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

The UK CAA have extended the revalidation period until July 31st 2021 to allow for extra time needed as a result of the pandemic.
http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/ORS4No1484.pdf refers
ORS4 1484 local copy

Last Edited by NicR at 19 Apr 14:10
EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

Croatia and Greece are allowing entry with either a vacc certificate or a PCR test within preceeding 72hrs.

Croatia asks for the 2nd dose having been received 14 days before date of arrival.

The slight issue is that none of the major countries in Europe have implemented vacc certificates… Only Serbia has done it; the QR code based one, with an authentication web service.

The problem remains getting back home – quarantine at this end Also it is not clear how the return tests are enforced. If you come back by airline, the test will be checked at the airport and you won’t be able to fly back (no info on where they will hold you until you deliver a negative test) but with GA the checking will probably not be implemented (and anyway the workarounds are easy, as posted earlier).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message