Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

That makes the concession worthless

Agreed – well, mostly. Assuming you have the hours/landings (which, to be fair, might not be the case due to COVID) there’s no real difference between this and the regular one-hour revalidation training flight. They both have the cross-infection problem.

Old dog learning new tricks

Peter, it follows that most instructors and examiners will recover, cease being infectious after some two to five weeks, and have developed at least short-term immunity.

London, United Kingdom

Yeah; we need antibody tests kits

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

UK lock down is said to last until end of May, according to a professor in the Sunday Times

LFOU, France

Having spoken to somebody who is on the front line this week, at a senior level, I am sure that’s about right.

And it’s too long to not run the engine for.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well if you go in to fly yours, can you fly mine too please!

United Kingdom

Our state of Bavaria has extended the lockdown until 19th April.
Sweden apparently has not, at least not yet, untaken such measures (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/28/as-the-rest-of-europe-lives-under-lockdown-sweden-keeps-calm-and-carries-on).
Are the pilots flying (within Swedish airspace) without any restriction?

EDMB, Germany

Arun wrote:

Are the pilots flying (within Swedish airspace) without any restriction?

Yes. And frankly, without comparing other differenes in anti-Coronavirus measures, I don’t see what good closing airspace or airports to light GA could possibly do.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 30 Mar 11:19
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Not many but some training ongoing …. lucky ones I guess

EDMB, Germany

Airborne_Again wrote:

I don’t see what good closing airspace or airports to light GA could possibly do.

None … I think.

EDMB, Germany
Sign in to add your message